No two car hire agencies are precisely the same. Although their operations and offerings are similar, companies all have different backgrounds and certain services may be better than others. Some of the signs of a good or bad car hire agency are obvious—such as a multinational brand name, or conversely, a company like “Cars R Us” that has limited contact information and barely has a functional website. When it gets down to the nuts and bolts, though, it can become a little more complicated.
The Characteristics of the Best Car Hire Agencies
A reputable, professional agency that is worth your time will have:
- A well-designed, easy-to-use website that provides you with all of the information that you need to know about their car hire services. This is the 21st century—if a company doesn’t have a website, this could be a negative indication.
- Contact information readily available. They should not only make it so you can contact them quickly, but they should insist that you do so. Email, phone, and other support options should be provided.
- A full inventory of rental cars for a variety of uses. Whether you want a fun holiday car hire or you need an eco-friendly economy car for a business trip, any company worth your time has a little bit of everything.
- Outstanding customer reviews and testimonials. If you can’t find any on their site directly, you can check out third-party reviews, but remember to take those with a grain of salt.
- No hidden fees or extra charges, with fair, upfront pricing and reasonable rates. Although this sounds pretty standard, it’s a lot more overlooked than you might realise. Make sure that when you are quoted for a car rental, you’re told everything upfront and specifically ask about extra fees or hidden charges if you want to be sure.
There certainly isn’t just one service that is right for everyone. However, some car hire companies are better than others. With these tips, it should be easy for you to get the perfect car to hire every time, no matter what you have in mind.