The skyrocketing popularity of eCommerce websites encourages merchants to look for the best ways to outrun the competition. That’s why many of them choose Magento as one of the most popular eCommerce platforms.
Those who have worked with Magento before know that it comes with plenty of built-in features you could use to manage sales, create products, and process orders.
However, unfortunately, default functionality is not sufficient. You need more than that if you want to drive real results.
That’s when Magento 2 extensions come into play to extend the default functionality and help you make the most of your store. Today we’ll discuss the most popular plugins you’ll need and how to choose them correctly.
Table of Contents
Dos & Don’ts of Selecting a Magento 2 Extension
There are thousands of Magento plugins in the market. Whatever feature you think of, there is an extension that probably serves that purpose.
But you shouldn’t rush when choosing some for your store. Check out these dos and don’ts to know what things to look out for.
- Define what features you want in the extension clearly.
- Check your version of Magento and make sure the Magento 2 extension is compatible with it.
- Look for support guarantees to ensure you won’t be left alone if something goes wrong with the module.
- Approve the budget to find the extensions that suit not only your requirements but your budget too
- Don’t get the extensions that don’t fit your budget
- Don’t go for extensions with bad reviews
- Don’t download Magento 2 extensions from unreliable sources
- Don’t rely on extensions that are no longer supported by developers
Most Popular Plugins for Magento eCommerce Websites
Now that you know the criteria for choosing the best Magento 2 extensions, you can start your research of the most suitable modules for your store.
However, we’ve done some research, too, so you don’t have to. Below we list the most popular plugins for Magento. And you’re going to learn why.
Magento 2 SEO Suite Ultimate
SEO is now one of the most important conversions and traffic-generating features for a website. It influences your website crawling, indexing, and ranking. These correspondingly have an impact on your website traffic and sales.
That being said, the Magefan SEO Suite extension for Magento 2 is one of the first plugins you have to get. Starting soon, you’ll see the results faster and thank yourself later.
This module is a bundle of 7 separate modules, each responsible for a different part of SEO.
- SEO 一 covers canonical tags, meta robots, meta tags templates, automatic redirects, breadcrumb fix, and automatic internal links.
- Rich Snippets 一 helps you to stand out in search with the help of the product, organization, FAQ, and breadcrumb-rich snippets.
Product-rich snippet configuration in Magento
- Hreflang Tags 一 enable you to add alternate hreflang tags to your website pages with no coding. You can simply specify alternative pages in the admin, and the module will do the rest.
- HTML and XML Sitemap 一 cover the indexing and navigation of your store for robots and website visitors. You can create XML and HTML sitemaps in a matter of a few clicks.
- Open Graph Tags and Twitter Cards 一 are responsible for social media engagement since they make your posts on social media more attractive and clickable. Just specify the title, description, and image for OG tags and Twitter Cards in the admin.
Such an extensive number of features is worth having a look at.
Magefan HTML sitemap page
Magento 2 Auto-Related Products
Once you create products in your Magento 2 store, you’ll start getting orders. However, it’s not just it. If you want to maximize your efforts, you have to come up with a plan on how to sell more and encourage purchases outside product pages.
Related products feature is a perfect built-in tool for that. But there is one thing 一 you have to set related products manually for each product page. Not very time effective or workable.
Auto Related Products Extension from Magefan fixes that. They allow you to be smart about the products you add as related. You can set up multiple conditions based on product and cart attributes to display related products or products, categories, CMS, and even shopping cart pages.
Related products on the product page in Magento
There are two editions of the module with a different sets of features. While the basic one offer you enough features for a start, Plus makes your Auto Related Products even more advanced.
You can use smart algorithms to display related products in the “Who Bought This Bought That” and “Who Viewed This Also Viewed That” blocks and much more.
Magento 2 Blog Extensions
It might sound controversial, but SEO alone is not enough to drive traffic to your store. You have to have pages, except the catalog, to drive people to. A blog is an excellent way to generate more traffic 一 it is free, you can control the topics covered, you create a community around your brand, and increase your sales by promoting your product within the posts.
Would you ask for more?
Magefan blog is the most popular, trusted, and feature-rich extension out there. It has all you need to make a blog on your Magento 2 store stand out. The list of features includes 114+ options, and that’s in the free edition!
Blog homepage in Magento 2
Although you’ll find plenty of reviews about this module, none will speak the volume unless you try the extension yourself.
Related posts, related products, SEO features, sidebar widgets, permalink settings, XML sitemap, featured image, OG tags 一 that’s only 10%.
Start blogging, and you will see your Magento customer base grow, along with the conversion rates.
Magento 2 Better Checkout
Checkout is the last and most important step in the customer’s journey. And the simplicity of the checkout process and checkout page play the biggest part.
If your checkout is cluttered with forms and has multiple steps, chances are people won’t complete the checkout, even if they like your product very much.
To solve this issue, we offer you to consider Magefan Better Checkout Extension. It is an upgrade from the default Magento checkout. However, they offer you an option to remove the
footer and header for a cleaner page, enable order comments, and make the checkout page better overall.
Better checkout extension in Magento
Besides, they upgrade the most irritating part, the payment. The Magefan module allows you to upload icons for payment methods. So it is more convenient for customers to choose the payment method and pay. Better Checkout is the extension that leaves an impression.
As you can see, each of these extensions is responsible for different sections of your store. Blog, SEO, sales, and checkout. But these are the most vital parts that influence not only your conversions but customer experience and satisfaction.
Check if those plugins for Magento eCommerce align with your business objectives, and start improving your store functionality now!