Have you heard of fat tire cruiser bikes? They’re all the rage these days because they’re comfortable, offer greater stability, and have the ability to traverse across terrain their thinner-tired counterparts can’t manage. While they aren’t perfect in every way, they’re a great solution for your recreational riding needs. Here’s what you should know about fat tire beach cruiser bikes and how to buy one online. Fat Tire Cruiser Bike Online Benefits
If you’re wondering what’s the big deal about a fat tire bike, you’ve probably never ridden one. Here are some of the benefits these types of bikes can offer:
- Improved traction. Wider tires tend to grip the road much better than thin tires, which means they have the ability to offer better traction. Fat tires are also designed with thick tread to improve traction even more.
- Greater stability. If you struggle to maintain your balance on a bike with thin tires, you’ll love the stability a fat tire beach cruiser can offer. You’ll have an easier time maintaining your balance in a variety of conditions, thanks to the wide tires.
- Greater control in various terrain. You wouldn’t want to ride a road bike on the beach, but you can ride a fat tire bike on the beach. It provides greater control in different types of terrain than road bike tires can offer. So whether you’re riding across a section of gravel or you’re getting your workout on the sand, fat tires will help you maintain control in these types of situations.
These are just a few of the top benefits fat tire bikes can offer you. A fat tire bike is also the best e bike for beginners because it is so easy to control and makes it easy to maintain your balance. Keep in mind that fat tire bikes do add resistance, and they can make it more challenging to get up steep hills. That’s because they’re softer than most other types of bicycle tires.
Buying a Fat Tire Bike Online
If you’re looking for a cruiser bike with fat tires online, just make sure you know your measurements so you can purchase the right size. You can do this by following these steps:
- Step 1: Stand with your back against a wall.
- Step 2: Place a hardcover book (spine up) between your legs to simulate a bike saddle.
- Step 3: With a pencil, mark where the spine of the book meets the wall.
- Step 4: Measure from the pencil mark on the wall to the floor to find your inseam.
- Step 5: Use an online bike sizing calculator to figure out what size of bike you need based on your inseam.
It’s very important to take accurate measurements if you’re purchasing beach cruiser bikes online. Or, you may decide to visit a local bike store to test ride various bike sizes until you find one that’s the perfect fit. You can then look for that same bike size online to get the best possible price for a bike that you already know fits your body well.