Trying to eat "healthy", (which let me say is impossible during summer!) makes it hard to find different recipes. Derek found this pizza recipe he required from one of his co-workers called, "No Dough Pizza."
Really, no dough? That cannot taste good. I am a sucker for pizza. Grease, stuffed crust, toppings galore, endless cheese, are all on my list. I was very interested in seeing how this would taste and look with no dough. So we bought the ingredients and made it. I was surprised with how easy, cheap and quick this recipe is. I thought it might take awhile, making some type of crust to assemble the pizza. Luckily, it was made in no time and baking in the oven. We decided to play it safe and have pepperoni for the toppings, with extra cheese!
It was flimsy at first, so we baked it longer in the oven and made sure to give it enough time to cool. This helped a lot because the pizza hardened and was not as thin. The taste was shockingly very good. Not dry at all and the cream cheese added a flavorful taste. I was pleased with how well this turned out. It fills the craving of pizza and is so much healthier than ordering out!
This is a great gluten free, low carb, diabetic pizza recipe...it is worth a try!
Ingredients: Pasta sauce, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, cream cheese, mozzarella shredded cheese, 2 eggs and pepperoni. (Your choice of toppings.)
With a mixer (I usually prefer stand mixer), mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined.
Lightly spray a 9 x 13in. pan with cooking spray. Spread mixture into baking dish.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Spread pizza sauce on top of crust.
Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder.
Bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
- 1 (8 oz.) package of regular cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, olive
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch. baking dish with cooking spray.
- With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined.
- Spread into baking dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce on crust.
- Top with cheese and toppings.
- Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder.
- Bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.