Substance addiction refers to alcohol or drug addiction, where an individual is physically or psychologically dependent on a substance. It is a chronic disease that affects the brain, causing individuals to seek and use drugs despite harmful consequences compulsively. According to a study conducted in 2020, over 910,000 people died of drug and alcohol overdose, raising awareness of the need for addiction treatment programs.
The adverse effects of substance addiction can be both physical and psychological.
Physical effects may include:
- Appetite changes with a drastic weight loss or gain
- Chronic fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain
- Cardiovascular and respiratory problems
Psychological effects may include:
- Impaired judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Memory loss and cognitive deficits.
- Mood swings, including anxiety, depression, and irritability.
- Impulsivity and risk-taking behavior.
- Increased aggression and violent behavior.
- Social isolation and relationship problems.
- Financial problems and legal troubles.
Table of Contents
Why is an addiction treatment program essential?
Due to the severity and the complete dependence on substances like drugs and alcohol, retrieving them is pretty impossible, especially if individuals have abused them for a long time. Hence, during such situations, professional help is mandatory.
Treatment programs provide a structured and supportive environment for individuals to address their addiction and work toward recovery. They can help individuals manage withdrawal symptoms, address underlying mental health conditions, develop coping skills, and learn strategies to avoid relapse.
Once individuals find themselves in the vicious trap of substance abuse, they find huntington beach treatment for addiction or other luxury programs to get the necessary treatment for their long-term sobriety. Addiction treatment programs also provide a comprehensive approach to recovery that addresses addiction’s physical and psychological aspects. As a result, they can help individuals to build a foundation for long-term recovery and improve their overall quality of life.
Treatment programs for addiction include, but are not restricted to:
- Professional support
- Medical supervision
- Peer support
- Education, and much more
Most traditional rehab centers for substance abuse provide the amenities mentioned above. However, only a handful of them, like Resurgence Behavioral Health rehab center, believe that substance addiction is more than just abusing illicit drugs and alcohol. They believe addiction might also be caused due to underlying mental and psychological conditions. Hence, they aim to provide holistic treatment for substance abuse victims.
Treatment options offered by Resurgence Behavioral Health rehab center
Many rehabs in Huntington specialize only in one or two of their treatment categories. But, the experts at Resurgence Behavioral Health rehab center believe that every individual has different medical needs and preferences. Hence, they offer personalized treatment options for all their patients.
The unique treatment options provided by Resurgence Behavioral Health rehab center include the following:
- Trauma-Informed Therapy: Trauma-focused therapy helps individuals address past trauma and develop coping skills to manage trauma symptoms and reduce the risk of relapse.
- Family therapy: When an individual suffers from addiction and is looking for a road to recovery, their family suffers too. Hence experts are Resurgence effectively support the recovery of their loved ones and help families mitigate their underlying issues through effective communication.
- EMDR refers to Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy, mainly used to treat Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Experts at Resurgence initiate practical sessions with a psychologist to foster effective communication that may lessen the painful memories as a part of the healing process.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): DBT teaches individuals skills to manage emotions, improve interpersonal relationships, and reduce self-destructive behavior.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Dual-diagnosis treatment addresses addiction and underlying mental health disorders, such as depression or anxiety.
Resurgence Behavioral Health also offers aftercare services, such as ongoing therapy and support groups, to help individuals maintain sobriety and achieve recovery goals. This personalized approach is one of the primary reasons people recommend getting substance abuse treatment at Resurgence Behavioral Health. The specific treatment options offered may vary based on the individual’s needs and preferences, and a healthcare professional can provide guidance and support in selecting the right treatment program.