Father’s Day is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about the perfect gift for our dads. If your pops is anything like mine, he loves spending as much time outdoors as possible. Some dads just can’t get enough of Mother Nature, whether camping, fishing, hunting, or hiking.
What better way to accent that outdoorsy attitude than grabbing him a thoughtful gift that’s a nod to his adventurous lifestyle? From practical gear to unique experiences, we’ve devised 22 unique gift ideas for you to do just that.
So, sit back, relax, and let me help you find the perfect Father’s Day gift for your rugged, nature-loving pops.
For Dads Who Love to Go Fishing
Fishing tackle is always a good idea if your dad is into that sort of thing. If you’re unsure what fishing gear to get him: don’t fret – you can always grab him a gift card to his favorite tackle shop and let him sort out what he wants! Here are some of the stores I like:
- Cabela’s – Tried and true, Cabela’s is a great place to find fishing tackle and more
- Bass Pro Shops – Bass Pro Shops might have the largest selection of fishing gear in the world
- Orvis – Nobody does fishing gear and clothing quite like Orvis
A Fishing Trip
Head out into the deep blue yonder with your dad, an experienced guide, and a cooler full of your favorite frosty beverages. Will your father remember a dorky tie in 10 years? Probably not. But the memories you can make together on a fishing trip will last a lifetime.
Here are a few great resources where you can book a private trip in your area:
- Fishing Booker – Find a stellar fishing trip in a location near or far
- Fish Anywhere – “Reel in the Memories… Book Guided Fishing Trips at the Best Prices ANYWHERE!”
- Guidesly – You guessed it: more incredible fishing trips can be found here!
For Dads Who Love Hiking & Camping
Nothing puts spring in your papa’s step like hitting the trail on a crisp summer morning. Make sure he’s thinking of you when he does by grabbing him some helpful gear to bring along on each trip. Here are some comprehensive gift lists for hikers I found on the internet:
- REI’s List of Gifts For Hikers – Gift ideas from the best outdoor company on earth!
- Gifts for Hikers & Backpackers – 111 gifts ideas for dads who hike, backpack, and camp
- Esquire’s Gifts for Hikers – 38 fancy pants gifts for dads who hike in style
Some of my favorite times with my dad were spent sitting around the fire while camping in the Rocky Mountains. If you’re father is Mr. Nature and likes to wake up in a tent from time to time, here are some great places to buy gifts for him:
- Backcountry.com – Tons and tons of name-brand camping gear at closeout prices.
- Barnes and Noble – Lots of unique books in the Camping niche! Check ‘em out.
- Enlightened Equipment – Hands down, the best sleeping bags for campers around!
For Dads Who Love to Golf
Fore! You’re siblings better watch out because you might just make them jealous by getting your dad a golfing gift. If your pops likes to hit the links, get him something proper to feed his obsession. From a round at your local course to a sweet new golfing shirt, one of these selections ought to be just right:
- Tee Off – Find a tee time near you for you and your dad
- Forbes – Best Golf Gifts of 2023
- Best Golf Bag Wireless Speakers – Let him listen to music while playing 18
For the Dad That’s Obsessed with Hunting
I’ve been hunting with my dad for as long as I can remember, and whenever I buy him a gift, I always default to a piece of hunting gear. Why? Because hunting gear can be expensive, and he can use all the help he can get.
- Best Gifts for Hunters – Comprehensive list of 70+ unique gifts for hunters
- Rocky Talkie – Great walkie-talkies so he can stay safe in the field
- eBike Generation – Hunting with an eBike is all the rage right now
If your budget allows for it, you’re looking at the best gift, in my opinion, on this list. Imagine you and dad getting away on an adventure chasing down caribou deep in the Alaskan wilderness. If this type of unforgettable experience speaks to you, here are some resources:
- Book Your Hunt – Wide network of worldwide hunting trips on this site
- Bear Creek Outfitters – Book a Colorado elk hunting trip of a lifetime
- Whitetail Heaven – If whitetail bucks are what he’s after, this is the best outfitter in the country
So, What’s Dad Getting This Year?
Your dad may have everything he needs and wants, but one thing he probably doesn’t have is your undivided attention. In addition to buying him a top-notch gift, don’t forget to spend some time with him for Father’s Day. It may be the best present he could ask for.
Whether your pops likes to hunt, fish, camp, or hike, I hope you were able to get some great ideas on what to get him for Father’s Day. Thanks for stopping by!