The career of a mechanical engineer is not limited to the manufacturing of machines but it is significant in various industries such as biomedical, automotive, aerospace, government, etc. A mechanical engineering degree is extremely valuable, whether it is used to satisfy consumer wants or to advance society by using one’s technical knowledge in research and development. In this article, we’ll talk about what career options are available for a student after BTech and about the Top Engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
Career Opportunities After B.Tech
M tech- To have a good command and understanding of the subject, the students can pursue MTech after completing BTech from one of the best M tech colleges in Maharashtra. Pursuing MTech will open the door to better job prospects, and also students can further enrol themselves in a PhD and build a career in the research sector.
Government Jobs- You can also opt for Government exams post BTech. It is not an easy task to crack a government job but with sheer dedication, knowledge, and skills you can give a competitive examination to enter into organisations like DRDO, ONGC, FCI, PWD, Indian Railways, etc.
Teaching- After BTech, you can not teach in colleges but you can teach in high schools and can give tuition to school students. For teaching jobs, you can also pursue B.ed and other teaching courses to secure jobs in prestigious schools.
Corporate- You can also apply for jobs in the private sector. If you complete BTech from any good college, you will get campus placement opportunities or you can also apply for off-campus placement. This is the most popular career choice after completing BTech.
Job profiles for which you can apply-
1.Freelancing– BTech graduates can start providing their freelancing services either in the form of consultancy or as technical content writers.
Top Engineering colleges in Maharashtra
If you want to pursue MTech, after completing BTech then you can consider the below-mentioned colleges in Maharashtra
1.Terna College of Engineering, Osmanabad Located in the city of dreams, TERNA COE is one of the top private engineering colleges in Maharashtra. This college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD in various fields of engineering.
About Masters in Engineering in TERNA
TERNA offers a Master’s in engineering course in four domains- Electronics Engineering, Electronics and telecommunication engineering, computer engineering, and Information technology. And they have different departments for each domain.
- The Number of seats– The number of seats in electronics engineering is 9 and in all the other fields it is 18.
- Placement– TERNA has a special department that looks after the training and placement of the students. Some of the industry leaders are the recruiters of TERNA such as Tech Mahindra, Jio, TCS, Accenture, Godrej, Hexaware technologies, etc.
- Industrial Visits– TERNA understands that exposure to the real world is as important as theoretical learning. Every semester, industrial visits are organised for the students to give them a real insight into the internal working system of the organisations.
- Entrepreneurship incubation centre– To encourage students to pursue entrepreneurship. At the incubation centre, they find enterprise potential, nurture, guide, and fund them to take their entrepreneurial journey toward success.
- Facilities– Hotel, cafeteria, well-equipped libraries, auditorium, computer centre, all the facilities are available to give students a good campus experience.
- Scholarships– Scholarship is also provided to encourage intelligent students and the ones who belong to economically weak background.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay– This is one of the reputed and top engineering colleges in Maharashtra. It’s difficult to crack admission to IIT Bombay. But once you get admission there, you will have ample opportunities to make a fruitful career. With academics, you will experience all the cultural events and sports activities in the college.
Top MNCs recruit employees from IIT Bombay.
1.Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Nagpur- Established in 1960, VNIT is a Government University, situated in Nagpur and is amongst the top engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
Both public and private sector companies recruit students from this college. In the year 2020-2021, more than 150 companies visited VNIT for recruitment. Companies like Goldman Sachs, IOCL, Vedanta, oracle, L&T group, etc. are their recruiters.
2.College of Engineering, Pune– College of engineering is another top engineering college in Maharashtra. COEP offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various fields of engineering.
The mechanical department of this institute was established in 1912. Recently, they have introduced the diploma programme in Electric mobility. The department is well equipped with Air Conditioning Fluid Power and Fluid Machinery, Fuel testing, Micromachining, IC Engines, Laser and Combustion, Steam Engineering, Design and Optimization labs, etc.
This engineering institute believes in praising students in the form of scholarships. They offer various government, Non-government scholarships and financial aid provided by industries.
3.Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai- This is one of the oldest and top MTech colleges in Maharashtra. Established in 1887, this institute was renamed in 1997 in its present name.
This institute offers a hostel, labs, gym, sports, Cooperative stores, and canteen facilities to the students. They do have a women’s development cell, Counselling, and complaints committees for solving students’ issues.
- Government Polytechnic College, Pune– It is one of the top engineering colleges in Maharashtra. Established in 1957, this institute is located in Pune. This college campus is spread over 28 acres and has all the amenities like hostels, a library, a canteen, an auditorium, a post office, labs, and other facilities. Along with graduate and post-graduate programs, this college also provides diploma courses in all the major fields of engineering.
The mechanical engineering department of this institute also offers skills development programs such as ‘Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics’ which is in collaboration with Mercedes Benz and ‘Two-Wheeler ServiceTechnician’ which is in collaboration with Yamaha Motors. Both diplomas are of 1 year each. They also organize industry visits & guest lectures for the students.