As the Hungarian IT industry continues to grow, so does the demand for talented developers. Hiring Hungarian developers can be a daunting task, but with the right approach, it can be done successfully. If you are a company looking to hire Hungarian developers, there are a few key steps to take to ensure a successful recruitment process.
Table of Contents
Where to start looking for Hungarian developers?
There is a basis for finding the right member of your team that is relevant for almost all businesses:
- Define your needs – Before you start the recruitment process, it is important to first define your company’s needs. What specific skills and experience are you looking for in a developer? By having a clear understanding of your needs, you can narrow down your search and target the right candidates.
- Use the right resources – There are many ways to find Hungarian developers, including online job boards, professional networks, and social media. It is important to use a variety of resources to reach the widest pool of potential candidates.
- Utilize Hungarian tech talent pools – Hungary has many talented developers working in various industries. To tap into this talent pool, consider using Hungarian tech talent pools
Key Benefits of Hiring Hungarian Developers
There are many benefits to hiring experienced Hungarian developers. They come down to the peculiarities of the mentality, the country, and the general environment for the development of talents.
- Price. Hungarian developers are willing to work much cheaper than their US counterparts. This is due to the low standard of living in the country, and the lower cost of all services. You can easily find a fairly experienced specialist with a rate of about $25-50 per hour.
- Good knowledge of English. The vast majority of specialists have a conversational level of English. Hungary is in the top 30 countries with the highest English proficiency.
- Lots of specialists. According to the most modest data, about 80 thousand software developers live in Hungary. They are used to working in the international market, so hiring is easy and comfortable. Quality education in higher education institutions is also one of the important advantages for developers from this region.
- Culture. The people in Hungary have European values and in general, are not very different from the inhabitants of any other developed country in the world.
- Timezone. Hungary lives in the GMT +2 time zone, so it is convenient for developers to work simultaneously with all European countries.
In Hungary, there is a sufficient number of both experienced Hungarian programmers and beginner developers at a low rate. You will be able to recruit staff for any project at a reasonable price.
Possible problems when hiring Hungarian developers
While Hungarian developers are typically very skilled and qualified, there are a few potential problems that companies should be aware of before hiring them:
- The language barrier can be an issue. While most Hungarians speak English fairly well, there can still be some communication difficulties.
- Hungarian developers may not be familiar with certain American or Western business practices. It can be difficult to find Hungarian developers who are willing to work for a foreign company on a long-term basis.
While these issues can be challenging, they are not impossible to overcome. By taking the time to carefully screen potential candidates and establishing clear communication channels, companies can successfully hire Hungarian developers and tap into this pool of skilled workers.
Models of cooperation with Hungarian developers
There are several ways that independent developers can cooperate with Hungarian developers to create successful projects:
- Use freelance portals such as Upwork, Hired, and Freelancer. Another option is to use Toptal, which has a strict vetting system and only approves 3% of all applications. The good point of using these portals is that you can save money on training, social packages, and benefits that companies normally give to in-house employees. However, the downside is that you need to spend time checking the expertise of all possible contractors by yourself. Moreover, some developers might be irresponsible and indifferent to your product’s success.
- Delegate your software development to local IT companies that operate as outsourced service providers. This option can save you time and money, but you need to be careful in choosing a reputable and reliable company. Make sure to do your research before signing any contracts.
- Recruitment services require a large number of responses, reducing the time it takes to apply for a job. They conduct initial interviews to suggest candidates are suitable for use. After using the recruitment services, you can recruit qualified personnel, saving time. The cost of the service will greatly depend on the skill level required and the budget of the company, it can be a more expensive option. While it takes a lot of time to conduct your search and interview, it will likely save you money in the long run.
When it comes to IT outsourcing, one of the most popular destinations for many businesses is Hungary. The country has a well-developed infrastructure, a strong educational system, and a large pool of highly-skilled professionals. Perhaps the biggest reason for hiring a Hungarian developer is the affordable cost of their work. The average wages in Hungary are approximately 60% less than the average of the EU 27. The average software developer’s hourly rate, in turn, is $25-50. As for the Hungary software developer’s salary, a software engineer earns nearly $2,000 per month, which is an average figure for Eastern and Central Europe IT labor markets. Given the solid level of technical education and high English proficiency, this figure comes as a great price-quality match. When coupled with the fact that Hungary is just a two-hour flight from many major European cities, it’s no wonder that so many businesses are choosing to outsource their IT needs to this Central European nation.