Beauty is a proportional result of a positive and personalized skincare routine. The past few decades have seen the rise of various concepts like natural, safe, and toxin-free products. This stellar rise in the products has also propped the evolution of men face wash , skincare products over a wider dimension of choice.
Until a few decades ago, it was quite challenging to sort out the best grade of personalized skincare products for oneself. But the advent of technology has now made searching for them quite easier. One may now opt for these products to boost the effectiveness of one’s skincare regime. Among them are face toners, face serums, and floral waters- and they all work in unison to improve the natural radiance.
Table of Contents
Difference between face toners and face serums
Amidst a heavy cloud of their online availability, it is obvious to get confused with their selection and usage. There will always be some doubts that you should clarify before using a particular skincare product, such as if you are using a natural toner for the face, do you need to incorporate a moisturizer or serum?
The answer to that question is ‘yes,’ as both the products provide different benefits that help achieve glowing, youthful skin. Going by the visual cues, consistency stands as a common differentiator. Toners are lightweight water-like liquids, whereas serums are thicker, having a gel-like consistency. There are a few more differentiators between the two products, as follows:
- Face Toner help in gentle cleansing and exfoliation, while serums help provide the essential minerals that give the skin a youthful glow.
- Toners balance the skin’s pH levels. Serums help correct skin concerns, such as dry patches or fine lines.
For adults, maintaining a healthy skin care regimen that includes regular CTM is essential to get that glowing skin. But building your little champ’s oral hygiene is crucial to their health, which can be achieved only through cleaning their teeth with a toxin-free Mamaearth Baby Toothpaste.
What is face toner and what are its benefits?
A face toner is a water-like liquid with hydrating, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties that help gently clean the skin. It is used after cleanser and before applying a moisturizer or serum. In addition, it balances the skin’s pH levels.
Here are some of the benefits of using it every day:
- Offers deeper cleansing: A toner for the face consists of deep cleansing properties that help remove excess oil or sebum, dirt, dead skin cells, and makeup residue. This provides a refreshing feeling to the skin.
- Increases the efficiency of products: Facial toners act as primers for other skincare products. The pH balancing properties enhance the absorption and effectiveness of moisturizers and serums.
- Shrinks skin pores: A sane and consistent use of Mamaearth Face Toner will help reduce the skin pores’ size by removing dirt and dead skin cells. This also helps in easier cleansing of the skin and makes it even-toned.
- Shields the skin from environmental changes: Applying a safe and gentle toner on the face helps protect the skin from acne, inflammation, and harmful effects of environmental elements.
- Slows down multiple signs of aging: Facial toners contain alpha-hydroxy acids that help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. Its regular and prolonged use may help you have a more youthful look.
Some commonly asked questions:
- “Can I use a toner every day?”
A face toner can help restore the skin’s gentle pH and still remove the remaining dirt and oil without any side effects. You can use it twice a day after cleansing your face. If you have dry or sensitive skin, you can reduce the use of a toner to every alternate day.
- “How can I know if my toner is effective?”
Any skin care product takes a few weeks of regular use before showing any positive results. For example, after applying a facial toner, your skin gets more cleansed, making your skin feel smooth and plump.
- “What ingredients should I consider while choosing a facial toner for my skin type?”
When choosing the toner for your skin type, you should avoid using an alcohol-based toner because it may dehydrate your skin cells. Losing out on natural moisture content will hurt you in the process, regardless of your skin type.
- Oily Skin: Opt for facial toners that are oil-free and contain tea tree oil, lavender, sandalwood, or willow bark.
- Dry Skin: It is better to choose hydrating toners that contain hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E, or glycerine.
- Acne-Prone Skin: Acne-prone skin is the one that secrete more oil. Opt for the face toner that contains AHA, Glycolic acid, or Salicylic Acid.
- Combination Skin: People with this skin type should get rid of excess oil and sebum and maintain moisture in their skin cells. It is advisable to go for toners with Rose Water, Vitamin C, and Glycerine.
What is a face serum?
Facial serums are lightweight liquids containing active ingredients that can be applied topically to the skin. Usually, they are oil-based, gel-based, or water-based and are thinner than moisturizers. They are designed to hydrate, protect, and nourish the skin, which helps in treating skincare concerns. It is advisable to opt for specialized serums that can be used for AM or Pm or both skincare schedules.
4 Benefits of using a face serum
- Quick absorption: Serums have a lightweight texture, making absorption faster on your skin. The thinner viscosity of the serum makes it an essential step in the layering process and seeps into the open skin pores more easily.
- Soothes sensitive skin: There are various types of serums that help provide results like anti-aging, skin brightening, hydrating texture, or acne-free appearance. They also help calm down skin inflammations and irritations caused by harmful environmental factors.
- Boosts collagen production: Incorporating facial serum with active ingredients in your skincare routine helps generate new blood, further enhancing collagen content. Your skin will become firmer, smoother, and better hydrated. It will also reduce puffiness and dryness around the eyes.
- Prevents scars and blemishes: Skin correcting face serums are quite effective in correcting skin texture by treating scars, pigmentation, or blemishes. They also help repair old skin cells and replace them with the newer ones, thus reducing blemishes.
How can I maintain my baby’s oral hygiene?
You can maintain your baby’s oral hygiene by brushing their teeth regularly with an SLS and fluoride-free Mamaearth Baby Toothpaste. It removes plaque and provides maximum protection against cavities. The best thing is that it has a nice fruity flavor that children always prefer.
Toners and serums have become two essential skincare products that provide nourishing effects to your skin, making it healthy. However, we recommend you stay committed to a 10-step skincare regimen that includes a Mamaearth Face Toner and Serum to have a glowing and radiant appearance.