While baking my heart out for Valentine's day, I added a recipe that got my attention all by its looks. I know looks can be deceiving, but this recipe has the whole package. Adapted from baked perfection, I had to make this as soon as I saw the themed M&M's. The recipe was easy enough and not that time consuming. My wonderful boyfriend helped me bake this and before I knew it, they were done. I made these to be handed out in treat bags and there were more than enough. We had a lot left over, which was fine by me. Since M&M's makes different color candies for any occasion, this recipe can be used for any Holiday or celebration!
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside
Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
Mix in 2/3 cup M&M's
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup to 1 1/3 cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter.
- Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well.
- Cool slightly.
- Add egg (beaten) and vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Mix in 2/3 cup M&M's.
- Spread in 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 to 2/3 cup M&M's on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.