My boyfriend Derek, wanted to surprise me with dinner. He had a teriyaki pork dish in mind. I was thrilled and had to see step by step what he was making us. And I wanted pictures for my post! He ended up preparing green beans in a garlic sauce and a pre-marinated pork loin. It was delicious. Including oven time, the dinner took about one hour to make. He has always been a very good cook. He likes to experiment and throw in whatever ingredients he thinks might work. I love cooking, but I am a recipe follower. I need to see the directions, step-by-step. Together we make a pretty good cooking team, it is definitely one of our "couple hobbies."
Prepare and rinse the green beans
Prepare the instant white rice according to the package
The garlic sauce simmering on the skillet
Boiling the green beans for five minutes
Garlic sauce with green beans, white rice and pork loin...complete with chopsticks
- Boil the green beans
- Prepare one cup of white instant rice, according to package
- 1.4 lbs of pork loin (teriyaki pre-marinaded) *Cook in oven according to package
What You Need:
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 16oz green beans
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sugar
How To Make:
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until the edges begin to brown, about 20 seconds.
- Add the green beans...cook and stir until the green beans begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Turn down the heat slightly and continue cooking and stirring for several minutes until the beans have attained the desired degree of tenderness.