Drivers are the essential component of the computer system. They act as the bridge to connect the hardware of the system to the operating system. In order to function correctly, drivers need to be regularly updated. However, manually updating the driver is tedious and a long process.
This is where driver updater software comes into action. These are the specially designed software that searches for the outdated drivers in the system and provides an update for them. One of the most popular driver updater programs available on the internet is Driver Booster.
If you are planning to get a Driver Booster program for your system and looking for an unbiased review of its features, this guide will provide you an extensive and detailed review of the current version of Driver Booster, i.e., Driver Booster 8.
Driver Booster 8: Overview
Driver Booster 8 is an excellent driver updater application that also helps in optimizing the system. The application is developed by the famous software developer company IObit. It is a life savior for many people who needs to keep their drivers updated with the latest version but find it tiresome to update them manually.
Driver Booster 8 comes with a collection of over 3.5 million drivers and gaming components. It means you can fulfill all your driver’s needs using the Driver Booster application. Since it has such a vast collection of drivers, you can even update the drivers of your old computer system easily.
Driver Booster 8 Features
Driver Booster 8 comes with various advanced utility tools. Here is the list of that:
Backup & Restore
Backup & Restore is one of the most essential features of Driver Booster 8. The Backup & Restore tool lets you backup the drivers on your system before updating them and restore them if anything goes wrong. Backing up the drivers before updating them is pretty important. Though Driver Updater claims to test the compatibility of the drivers with the device before updating them, still being cautious is a good thing. If anything goes wrong while installation or the latest driver is incompatible with your device after the driver is updated, you can restore the backup.
Game Boost is another excellent feature of Driver Booster 8. This is basically for boosting your system for gaming. However, Game Boost can also be used for clearing the RAM of your PC so that big applications can run freely. For example, several applications like video editing software require a large amount of RAM and computing power to run Driver Booster 8.
Driver Booster 8 comes with the following utility tools:
- Fix Device Error tool lets you fix the common device error so that system can run smoothly.
- Fix No Sound utility tool troubleshoot all your system sound problems.
- Fix Network Failure enables you to solve the network errors of the system.
- Fix Bad Resolution utility tool corrects the resolution and display problems of the device.
- Offline Driver Updater is an advanced tool that can update the drivers on a device that doesn’t have the internet. You just have to export the device info, and the program would download the required drivers on the device where the internet is available.
- Clean Unplugged Device Data would clean the data of all the unplugged hardware components.
Pros and Cons of Driver Booster 8
Every software program has benefits as well as some disadvantages. Here are the Pros and Cons of Driver Booster 8.
Pros of Driver Booster 8:
- It updates drivers only when the system is idle, thereby does not disturb any running system process.
- Keeps the backup of the drivers so that in case of update failure, you can restore them.
- It enhances the gaming experience through the Game Boost tool.
- Fix the common errors on your device.
- You can schedule the outdated driver scan.
- It also fixes the drive errors to boost the system performance.
Cons of Driver Booster 8:
- The installer comes with the unwanted program
- Ads and upsells on app interface in Pro version too
How to get Driver Booster 8?
You can get the Driver Booster 8 program using the following ways:
- Visit the official website of IObit and download the Driver Booster 8. You can also buy the PRO version from here. The Pro version of Driver Booster 8 is priced at $39.95 per year for one device.
- You can use the Driver Booster 8 Pro keys that are freely available on the internet. Though license keys freely available on the internet generally do not work, you might still get lucky.
- There are various third-party vendors such as WorthWagon that provide the software products at a lower price than the official price. You can get the license key from such a platform. However, beware of the fake third-party software distributor and thoroughly check their reviews before performing any transactions.
Is Driver Booster any good?
Driver Booster 8 is a fantastic driver updating and PC optimizing application. Like every other program, it also has some cons; however, those are not that alarming. You get all the benefits at a much lower price. Therefore, it is worth the money you are paying.