Home insurance/protection plans save one’s property from all sorts of major damages like a natural calamity like a flood or things like robbery and fire. Home insurance is applicable for all home types. Let it be an apartment, or a rented room, or a huge luxurious bungalow, home protection plans can cover them to provide security to the homeowner. Accidental damages don’t come with prior notice, so it is always wise to plan to check home protection plans before moving in.
Types of the home protection plan
Listed below are the standard coverages included in a home protection plan –
- Dwelling coverage – A dwelling coverage covers any damages to the structure of the property like floors, walls, ceilings, etc. it also covers issues like fire, hail storm damages, theft, and vandalism. Depending on one’s policy limit, a dwelling coverage can also provide support to rebuild a home.
- Content coverage – A contents coverage protects the contents of the house like furniture, appliances, etc. in case of damage to these commodities, the plan holder can easily claim the amount equal to the value of these items.
- Personal liability–this covers all the physical damages incurred during an accident. If the plan holder suffers from an injury while being inside the covered property, the person can claim all the medical costs with the help of personal liability.
A few optional home protection coverages are –
- Replacement cost plus – this is an extra level of precaution taken by homeowners who own very old properties. In case of depreciation, the owner can fall back and get it covered by additional replacement cost coverage.
- Water backup of sewer–this protects the property from sewer backups which is a common issue in today’s homes.
- Other structures insurance – this covers structures or property which isn’t inside the roof of your home. For example, unattached garages, sheds, workshops, gazebos, etc.
A few personal liability plans are –
- Medical payments – This coverage is meant for the treatment of guests who have incurred medical damages while on the owner’s property.
- Law insurances – this plan comes to play if a person has to rebuild their homes to abide by new building codes.
- Valuable’s coverage – This plan protects high-value commodities like jewelry or antiques. In case of theft or an accident relating to these, the owner can claim the value.
Pros of home protection plans
- It provides security and peace of mind. The owner doesn’t have to live in the fear of huge expenditures in case of a mishap
- They are tailored according to the customer’s needs, so there are generally no risks of additional costs
- The cost of a plan depends on the services offered and the things covered, so the homeowner has full control over what to spend on, unlike other insurances.
- Due to the benefits of flat-rate fixes, a homeowner can get things fixed for say a fixed amount of $200 even if it costs several thousand dollars.
- They ensure fixing the commodities with the help of the best professionals but it is always advisable to check home protection plans contractors before signing the deal.
In conclusion, home protection plans have a lot of pros than cons which make them a viable option to keep under consideration for homeowners. It is always best to be prepared for the worst-case scenarios and keep the beloved nest secured. It might need a little research to check home protection plans fit for one’s home but it’s worth it.