The nose is the most prominent feature on the face, which is focused substantially when you meet someone. Unfortunately, some people are born with crooked or slightly dispositioned nose shapes. However, such little imperfections impact drastically on their confidence and self-image.
To correct these imperfections, rhinoplasty is the most prevalent option which people adopt and get their nose straight and beautiful. Rhinoplasty is a popular nose surgery that is executed to modify either cosmetic or functional nose problems. This surgery is tremendously effective and has been used for decades.
Notwithstanding, rhinoplasty is done in two means; surgical rhinoplasty and liquid or non-surgical rhinoplasty. Both methods are adopted to flatten the bumps of the nose and reshape them.
But which option is better?
In this article, I have brought some exciting pieces of information to help you discover the major distinctions between surgical and liquid rhinoplasty, along with their plus points and downsides. So that you could make your decision wisely about which option you should go for.
Surgical rhinoplasty, also known as traditional rhinoplasty, involves a surgical method in which the surgeon has to adjust the nose’s tissues, cartilage, and structure. The traditional rhinoplasty involves the manipulation of the nose’s bone, skin, and cartilage to refine, resize, and reshape it.
Many people adopt the surgical option for numerous reasons. They need to correct major or minor issues or to fix uneven or crooked noses. People also get surgical rhinoplasty to fix departed septum or other functional problems such as breathing or nose blockage issues.
However, before going for surgical or traditional rhinoplasty, peep on some of its pros and cons to decide sagely.
- Some people can also get their chin augmentation along with nose rhinoplasty.
- Traditional rhinoplasty also helps to improve breathing issues and structural changes by repairing the nose.
- You can get multiple surgeries simultaneously, such as nose and chin modification.
- With surgical rhinoplasty, you get permanent results.
- Traditional or surgical rhinoplasty is an expensive option as compared to liquid rhinoplasty. The average cost of surgical rhinoplasty is not less than $5,350.
- More risks are involved under surgical nose jobs because the process includes cutting, bleeding, and stitching. The wound could be at risk of getting infected and reacting poorly.
- It takes a lot of time, probably a year or more, to heal your nose. Therefore, if you are not satisfied with the results, you need to wait.
- After surgery, your nose becomes swollen, and it takes much time to recover this swelling.
This is a non-surgical or injectable rhinoplasty, which is the best alternative to the traditional or surgical nose job. People who want to escape from invasive surgical procedures can easily approach this method to modify their nose. This liquid rhinoplasty is an outstanding option for the right person to get his precise nose goals.
With this procedure, the surgeon inserts fillers into the patient’s nose in order to improve the form and structure of the nose and reshape it. This process is executed using Hyaluronic Acid, which is a sort of filler and used to fill lips and cheeks.
The liquid rhinoplasty is ideal for some targeted areas, for instance, tip, bridge, or sides of the nose, and certain fillers are injected in these targeted areas of the nose to:
- Prominent the tip of your nose.
- Add volume to your nose.
- Flatten the tiny bumps on your nose.
- Lift the tip of your nose.
- Contour the overall shape of your nose.
Just like traditional rhinoplasty, the non-surgical option also holds some positive sides and some negative ones. However, this method delivers more benefits than the surgical method.
- The results of liquid rhinoplasty are instant which recovers in a concise time. You can start working immediately the day you performed the procedure.
- In case you’re not satisfied with the end results, you can execute the procedure again without waiting for some days. The surgeon can inject the HA to dissolve the filler and reshape your nose.
- The non-surgical treatment takes not more than 15 minutes. It is the quickest method to complete and provides the same results as that of 4-hour surgery.
- There is no need for anesthesia. The entire procedure is done consciously. Although, if you want, some surgeons may also provide you a mirror to see the procedure.
- You would get your nose reshaped and repaired without any cutting, bleeding, stitching, swelling, or even pain. With this means, you can enhance your nose bridge, nasal tips, and overall nose shape.
- This is a cost-effective nose job option. This procedure costs only $350 to $1,000, which is rather cheaper than the traditional rhinoplasty.
- Some minor but serious complications may occur during this treatment, such as blockage of a blood vessel. But it is not obvious. It may only happen in case if the HA is injected into the nose artery.
- The results of liquid rhinoplasty are not permanent. Thus, if you are satisfied with the results, you need frequent treatments to sustain them.
- For effective and successful results, you need to find a board-certified surgeon who has the experience so that the risk of later complications diminishes.
Which one is better?
As a surgeon, I have heard many people who don’t want a surgical rhinoplasty; instead, they opt for liquid rhinoplasty because it’s a safer, cheaper, and quicker method. Usually, in the fast-going world, people seek some rapid options via which they get quick results without wasting their time. Therefore, non-surgical rhinoplasty is considered better and more effective by many patients.
For an in-depth understanding, head to the FAQs to clear all your doubts about liquid rhinoplasty.
How long does liquid rhinoplasty last?
As discussed earlier, non-surgical rhinoplasty is a temporary treatment. Thus, its results generally last for six months to two years. However, the lasting of the results depends upon the nose structure, filler type, and the patient himself. Nevertheless, you need frequent treatments to maintain your nose job.
What is an ideal age to get the liquid rhinoplasty?
When people reach full nasal maturity, they can typically get their nose job done. However, most fillers are explicitly made for adults. So you should be at least 18 to 21 years old to get liquid rhinoplasty.
Does a non-surgical nose job hurt?
No! A contemporary amount of cream is applied to the nose to use the injections more comfortably. During the procedure, you would feel nothing except a minor needle discomfort which would vanish straightway. Once the treatment is done, you would feel normal; there is no pain or swelling on your nose.