During the winter season when you get into cold sheets, it tends to feel cold initially and takes a while before it starts feeling warm. In order to counter this problem, people started using flannel sheets. These type of sheets have been used for several years and has become quite popular for this purpose alone. In recent times, due to the rapid advancement in synthetic technology, fleece sheets came into existence. These type of sheets provide a strong competition to flannel sheets. Fleece sheets tend to make you warmer almost immediately. Due to the high quality and superior level of performance of fleece, it soon became known as the new flannel. Nonetheless, there are still several differences between the 2 materials.
Types of Fleece Sheets
There are several types of fleece sheets available at the stores. Thus, choosing the right one is important to get the most out of the sheets. Some of the primary types of fleece sheets have been discussed below.
- Polyester/Cotton Or 100% Polyester Fleece: It is important for you to know that fleece is made from a variety of materials. You will come across several items that are made of fleece, which is made of a blend of polyester and cotton. At the same time, you will come across several fleece sheets that are made of 1005 polyester. Those sheets that are made of 100% polyester are eco-friendly. You will find sheets that are made of recycled materials. It is important for you to know that the material is not the only factor that makes fleece and gives it its properties. Rather it is the plush knit fabric that gives it the characteristics.
- Lycra Spandex Fleece: Sheets that are made of Lycra spandex fleece contain plenty of cotton and a pretty small percentage of Lycra spandex. Normally, this type of fleece fabric contains a lot of stretchiness and this factor prevents it from being used in making fleece bedsheets.
- Plush and Thickness: Apart from being made by several types of materials, fleece sheets are also available in different thicknesses and plushness. You will notice that polyester and cotton fleece are normally smooth on the exterior and plush on the interior, since these are one sided fleece. On the other hand, there are polyester fleece sheets that are plush on the interior and smooth on the exterior. It is seen that the polyester fleece sheets are different from the cotton fleece sheets as the former has a shiny appearance on the smoother side of the fleece.
- Microfleece: This material is prepared basically as a double-sided fleece sheet. It is normally pretty soft and extremely thin. It is lightweight, which makes it a great choice when it comes to wicking moisture away from you. When it comes to making fleece sheets, microfleece happens to be a popular choice.
- French Terry Fleece Sheets: Fleece sheets of this type are not usually brushed on either side. Thus, it tends not to be as fluffy as other fleece sheets. It is comparatively thinner and sits pretty flat.
- Polar Fleece Sheets: These type of fleece sheets are quite warm and are extremely thick as compared to microfleece sheets. It is normally used in areas where the weather is usually cold.
Qualities of the Best Quality Fleece Sheets
As discussed above there are several types of fleece sheets available on the market. Choosing anyone without proper considerations may not be a good idea. It is important for you to have some idea about the features or qualities of some of the best fleece sheets. Here are some of the qualities of the best quality fleece sheets discussed for your knowledge.
- Pill-Resistance: Unlike fleece that tends to pill easily, the best quality fleece sheets will come with 100% pill-resistance. At the same time, it will also be very soft. These types of fleece sheets are available in multiple colors and designs.
- Good for Sensitive Skin: There are many of you who tend to have skin allergies to fleece sheets. If you normally react to various materials such as wool, you should use micro polar fleece sheets. These type of sheets are extremely suitable for people with sensitive skin. These type of sheets are quite warm, lightweight and soft. Since these are hypoallergenic, these do not cause any skin allergies.
- Smooth and Warm: You will notice that fleece micro plush sheets are smooth and extremely warm at the same time. It is best suited for climates that are extremely cold and are quite similar to the Arctic freeze.