What would a wedding be without flowers? When you are planning the décor for your special day, you will certainly want to include flowers, as they will add a lot of beauty and elegance to your wedding venue. Their sweet scent will fill the room and their lovely colours will create stunning surrounds for you and your special someone as you say your vows.
However, choosing flowers for your wedding can be a little bit confusing. There are so many different types of blooms to choose from and there are an incredible amount of different ways you can arrange and display them. The choices can sometimes be a little bit overwhelming and you can feel paralysed by too much selection.
So, how do you narrow down the jungle of flowers out there and choose the right ones for your wedding? How do you make the most of your wedding decoration budget? How do you make sure that your wedding venue (such as Carden Park near Chester) looks amazing? Here are some tips that you can keep in mind.
- Before you start looking at flowers, consider your budget. You might find yourself getting carried away when you look at flowers and falling in love with something that doesn’t fit in your price range. Be honest with your florist about what you can afford and you’ll find something that works for you.
- Think about the colour of the flowers – they should highlight the overall colour theme of the wedding and complement your gown.
- Consider the fact that flowers have different meanings, traditionally. Look up the meaning of the flowers you are considering for your wedding to make sure that they convey the message that you want to convey.
- If you use flowers that are very fragrant, they will fill the room with their scent and they will give the impression that there are more flowers than there really are. For example, this could include jasmine, hyacinths, sweet peas and lilies.
- However, be careful that you don’t choose flowers that are too fragrant. They can drive your guests insane and can aggravate their allergies.
- You can almost always save money on your flowers if you order them far in advance. The sooner you get started on planning, the better.
- Always consider the season in which you are getting married. When you are using non-seasonal flowers it will cost much more to fly them in to your Chester wedding venue. Locally grown seasonal flowers will be much more affordable.
- Think about where you might be able to use a different type of decoration other than flowers in order to save money. For example, could you use candles or found nature objects in a table centrepiece instead?
- Consider having one or two expensive and eye catching flowers in your bridal bouquet and then surrounding them with cheaper “filler” flowers.
- Don’t forget to think about the style of the bridal bouquet. There are many different types to choose from, including large trailing bouquets, round bouquets and pomander bouquets.
- Trust your florist to recommend something that will work for you. They are an expert so they will be able to give you a lot of good ideas for your wedding flowers.
- Sometimes less is more. One more expensive but visually striking flower can have more impact than an entire room of cheaper flowers.
- Don’t only use one colour when you are choosing your flowers. It’s much better to incorporate a few different colours so that you can create an interesting palette.
- Your bridal bouquet doesn’t have to be very large! When the bouquet is too large, it will fight with the overall design of the dress and will be distracting. Instead, you want it to be a complement to the dress.
- What about using flowers that have special meaning to you and your partner, such as a flower that blooms in the place where you met or that represents your home country?
These are just a few important tips to keep in mind when it comes to choosing flowers for your wedding. Selecting the blooms is just one part of planning your special day, but when you get it right they can really add an unforgettable finishing touch. What would be your dream flowers for your wedding day? Let us know in the comments below.