Zucchini has always been a vegetable I have always wanted to try. Problem was, I had no idea how to cook or prepare it, so I never tried it! For some reason, I assumed zucchini was hard to make and I was 100% wrong. One of my co-workers said to just add butter or vegetable oil in a skillet and saute it. Really, that easy? So next grocery trip, I picked up one green and yellow zucchini. Once I got home, I cut both zucchini's into slices and added vegetable oil to a skillet. I used the vegetable oil over butter because I opted for the healthier choice. Seeing how easy this really was, I chopped one clove of garlic, added a pinch of red pepper flakes and also salt and pepper to taste. I sauteed them on medium-high heat until golden brown. I then let cool and tried my first ever piece of zucchini. Wow, it was delicious. So flavorful! Soon enough, the zucchini was devoured. It is now an item on the grocery list every week. I am so happy I have discovered this healthy vegetable. Thank you zucchini for making my meals complete!
I used one green and one yellow zucchini
Slice the zucchini and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
Add the chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and vegetable oil in a skillet
Saute the zucchini, stirring to get all sides mixed
Saute until golden brown
Remove from heat and serve immediately
Top with grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium chopped garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow and 1 green zucchini
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the chopped garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant but not browned, about 30 seconds. Remove or leave garlic in, according to your preference. (I left mine in)
- Add the zucchini to the pan and toss until coated with oil. Let cook undisturbed until the bottoms of the matchsticks are golden brown, about 1 minute. Toss again and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute more. Remove the pan from heat and season the zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the zucchini to a serving dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Serve immediately.