I know I am still posting about Valentine's Day, but I had to wait until it was over so my boyfriend would not see what I got him! What I love about the gifts I made for Valentine's is that they can be used for any occasion! A Birthday, Anniversary, special occasion, or just because. I wanted all my gifts to have a lot of thought, meaning, attention and love into them. That is why I made them so personal.
For this particular gift, I made an "All About You Basket." What this consists of, is a basket filled up with small gifts, treats and goodies for my partner. I then made sayings to go along with the gifts. For example, I bought a deck of cards and wrote out a saying which says, "I love to play games with you." Once I got started, the ideas kept piling up. It was hard to stop! I gave myself a budget and went to town. It was a lot of fun! I made sure to buy things that I knew he would use. I typed the sayings, printed them out and attached them to the gifts. It is like a game of memory. I then filled up my basket, wrapped it with cellophane and wrote on a piece of construction paper, "All About You Basket." Once I gave this to him, his mouth dropped open. He was so surprised, happy and thankful. It was fun to go through each item together. This could be made for anyone and for any occasion. Mom's, Dad's, Grandparents, College students, Graduations, new baby, if someone is sick, Holidays, sporting events, etc! Let your imagination run wild and have fun thinking of ideas!
**If you are interested in my list, leave me a comment or send an e-mail at: [email protected] ....I will be happy to send it to you!
I had fun coming up with the sayings to go with each individual item
Once the sayings were attached to the items, I placed them into the basket
I then placed the basket into the clear cellophane and attached an "All About You Basket" sign
What You Need:
- A basket to fill up your gifts with (Alternatives: Box, Pail, Bucket, etc.)
- Small gifts that reminds you of your partner and that they would use
- A typed out list of sayings to go along with your gifts. Example: "You light up my life!" A light-bulb would go with this saying.
***If you need more ideas, I would be happy to send you a copy of the list I came up with! Write a comment or send me an e-mail at: [email protected]
- Cellophane, wrapping paper, tissue, or whatever you think of to wrap the basket in
- Make an "All About You Basket" sign to attach to bag
How To Make:
- Type up your list of sayings that go with each gift
- Print, cut them out and attach to each gift
- Place gifts in basket, making sure the sayings are visible
- Wrap basket in cellophane bag, or whatever you thought of
- Attach an "All About You Basket" sign to the bag