I do not drink pop. Sure the occasional mixed drink, or on a hot summer day, I might have a can to quench my thirst. But definitely not on a regular basis. It is just not my cup of tea and I usually choose water over a carbonated beverage. So when I came across this crock-pot recipe that required 7 Up, I thought, well this is random! Then I realized how unique it was and saw there were only 3 ingredients to add, besides the meat. Sold! This recipe requires only 1 can of 7 Up, one dry packet of Onion Mix, 2 pounds lean chuck and 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup. Add all the ingredients to the crock pot and cook on low heat for 6 hours, or high heat for 4 hours. Once done, I served with rice because the mixture was “soupy.” And ta da, a delicious meal was served. I added green beans as a side, which paired well with the meat and rice. I am not 100% sure what the 7 Up does. My guess to tenderize and marinate the meat. The flavor was very tasty and juicy. This also made for great leftovers! This is now another item to add to the list of all the things pop can do!
4 more than simple ingredients, with also being budget conscious!
Cut meat into 1 – 3/4 inch pieces
Cook in crock-pot on low for 6 hours or high heat for at least 4 hours
As you can see, the mixture is a little soupy, so I added white rice to go with the meat!
Some baked green beans on the side and dinner is served
- 2 pounds lean chuck – cut in 1 – 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 can 98% fat free Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 1 can Diet Sprite or 7up
- *Feel free to bulk this up with any vegetables that you choose!
- Put meat in crock-pot.
- Pour soup & onion soup mix over meat.
- Add Diet Sprite/7up.
- Cook in crock pot all day on low for 6 hours or high heat for at least 4 hours.
- Turn off and let sit for 30 minutes before serving.