A wall mirror is one of the most versatile pieces of home decor. It can be used to add light and depth to a room, make a small space feel larger, or simply act as a stand-alone wall decoration. Here are some easy ways to incorporate wall mirrors into your home decor:
- Hang a mirror in a strategic location to reflect light and brighten up a room.
- Use a mirror to create the illusion of more space in a small room.
- Get creative with your wall mirror placement – Hang them at different heights or group them together for a more dramatic effect.
- Think outside the traditionalrectangular mirrors – There are many unique shapes and sizes of wall mirrors available.
- Consider using mirrors as part of a gallery wall for an interesting and eclectic look.
Printed canvases are an easy and effective way to decorate any wall space within your home. Canvas prints are a great way to add colour and visual interest to any room, and they’re easy to create yourself.
Just choose a favourite photo or piece of artwork and have it printed directly onto a canvas. There any many online companies that will do this for you, it’s simply a case of sending in your photo or artwork, and waiting for the finished canvas to arrive at your door!
You can buy canvas prints in a variety of sizes, so it’s easy to find one that fits your space and budget. Plus, they’re relatively inexpensive compared to some other wall decorations, so you can create a whole gallery of them if you wish.
Paint Horizontal Lines on Your Walls
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add some colour or design to your home, or you’re wanting to make a bold statement, painting horizontal lines on your walls is the perfect solution! This decorating trend has been gaining popularity of late, and it’s easy to see why.
Painting horizontal lines on your walls is a great way to break up a large space or to add some interest to an otherwise bland wall. You can use this technique to create a focal point in a room, or simply to add some visual interest. Plus, it’s an easy way to change up your space without having to commit to a major renovation project.
If you’re thinking about giving this trend a try, here are some tips to help you get started:
- Choose a paint that’s not to thin and runny. You’ll want to choose a paint that has some body to it, so it provides a smooth finish and covers any blemishes and marks better.
- Use painter’s tape to create your lines, for a neat and crisp finish.
- Use an edging brush for the corners and edges of the room, as they make painting straight lines much easy.
- Using a roller for the larger areas. This will not only safe time, but give a smoother less lined finish.
- Consider choosing a paint with a matte finish, as it more forgiving than glossy paint and easier to remove if you don’t like the result or wish to change it in the future.
We hope these three easy decorating ideas are useful, and give you the push to decorate your own space today!