It is widely accepted that dental health is essential to overall health and well-being. Good oral health contributes to good nutrition, vital to overall health. Poor oral health can lead to pain, infection, and even death. Dental services play an essential role in maintaining oral health. These services have been further made available due to the development of specialized facilities like TLN Family Dental. These services and their benefits are highlighted in further detail below.
Dental Health services
Dental services can be divided into two broad categories: preventive and therapeutic. Preventative dental services help to avoid or reduce the development of dental problems. These services include regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments, and sealants.
Therapeutic dental services are those that are necessary to treat existing dental problems. Preventive dental services are essential because they help to avoid the development of dental issues.
These services include fillings and crowns
Routine Dental Checkups and Teeth Cleanings: During a regular dental checkup, your dentist will visually examine your teeth, gums, and other tissues for any signs of disease or abnormality. They will also use a small mirror to look at hard-to-see areas. In addition, your dentist will use a pick-like tool to clean any plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth.
- Dental X-Rays are essential for detecting tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other problems the naked eye cannot see. Dentists will usually take X-rays at least once a year, but more often if you are at high risk for dental problems.
- A dental filling is done to repair a tooth that has been damaged by tooth decay. The dentist will remove the decayed portion of the tooth and then fill the resulting cavity with a tooth-colored composite resin or silver amalgam.
- A dental crown covers a tooth that is damaged or distorted. The crown can also support a dental bridge or protect a tooth after a root canal procedure.
- A dental bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. The bridge comprises two crowns placed on the teeth adjacent to the empty space and one or more false teeth (pontics) in between.
- A dental implant is surgically put into your jawbone to serve as a replacement for a missing tooth. A dental implant can be used to support a dental crown, bridge, or denture.
- Dentures are false teeth that are worn to replace missing teeth. They can be either full or partial. Full dentures are applied in place of all teeth in the upper or lower jaw, while partial dentures are used to replace just a few missing teeth.
- Invisalign is a transparent aligner system that is used to straighten teeth without the use of metal braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners that are custom-made to fit your teeth.
Dental services are vital because they help to maintain oral health. Good oral health is essential to overall health and well-being. Not only does excellent oral health help support your body’s health, but it also enhances your confidence while improving your self-esteem. More about dental health services is discussed on our website or by calling our offices in Houston and Pearland, TX.