Have you ever felt a belly ache? Just imagine feeling that kind of pain for an extended period. This is the pain that most people having abdominal pain suffer from. This pain could interfere with the person’s concentration and productivity due to irritation. At first, people think the pain will go away as normal belly pain, though the pain fails to end. Since this pain is serious, most people who suffer from it seek treatment. For example, most people suffering from Cypress abdominal pain seek medical attention. If you are suffering from abdominal pain or have a close person suffering it, the following information is for you.
Table of Contents
What is abdominal pain?
It is a pain that arises between the chest and the pelvic area. The following pain can be achy, sharp, or dull. The notable difference from the belly ache is that this pain is always concentrated in only one part of the abdomen. The main reason is that it results from problems occurring in this organ.
Ways to prevent abdominal pain
The following are ways you can apply to reduce the risk of the condition.
- Embrace drinking clear fluids such as water and reducing the intake of other fluids such as soda and coffee.
- Ensure that you chew the food well.
- Manage your stress
- Watch what you eat.
- Wash your hands to reduce infections.
Types of Abdominal Pain
There are different ways of classifying abdominal pain. For instance, according to its severity, abdominal pain is classified into;
- Acute abdominal pain. It usually starts within a few hours or days though it may come later with other symptoms.
- Chronic abdominal pain. This is the pain that is constant or keeps on recurring. For the pain to be chronic, it must have lasted for more than three months.
- Progressive abdominal pain. This is the pain that keeps on worsening as time goes by. As time progresses, we can start having other symptoms. This pain is a sign of something serious.
Since the stomach has many organs, it may be hard to trace the region where the pain arises. Therefore, the physicians divide the stomach into four parts that help localize the affected area. These areas are;
Right upper quadrant
This part has bile ducts, gallbladder, and liver. The following pain is highly caused by gallbladder or liver disease. Examples of the diseases include liver cancer, gallstones, gallbladder cancer, cholecystitis, and hepatitis.
Right lower quadrant
This pain usually results from problems with the appendix. For instance, it could result from rare appendix cancer or inflammation.
Left upper quadrant
This region is composed of the spleen, stomach, and pancreas. This pain may result from pancreatitis, stomach ulcer, kidney infection, pancreatic cancer, and gastritis.
Left lower quadrant
This pain may be a result of colon diverticulitis and diverticulosis. Both of them occur as a result of inflammation or infection in the colon.
Have you been suffering from abdominal pain? I have good news for you. GastroDoxs is a facility that offers treatment for abdominal pain. Bharat Pothuri, MD, collaborates with a specialist team to offer you customized treatment. Contact the facility to book an appointment.