A unique adaptogen
If you are familiar with ashwagandha powder, you may know that it is an adaptogen. Adaptogens are special types of plants and herbs which help your body to adapt in times of stress.
It is believed that adaptogens modulate your body’s systems and help to regulate your natural stress response. Essentially, adaptogens help to keep you balanced. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed, they can help you to find your balance again.
All adaptogens are different,ashwagandha is unique in its own way.
The benefits of ashwagandha
By nature, ashwagandha helps to target your stress response. Ashawagnadha users swear by its ability to calm down the nervous system if you’re feeling particularly stressed or anxious.
In fact ashwagandha powder may help with clinical anxiety. One study surveyed a group of people with anxiety and found that compared to the control group, the group taking ashwagandha had significantly decreased anxiety symptoms.(1)
This unique adaptogen may also help with sleep quality and quantity as well as depression. (2)(3) Most people who take ashwagandha do so to balance their mood and improve their sleep patterns.
How do you take ashwagandha?
There are many ways to take ashwagandha, from pills and tea to powder. Of all the options, powder is the most versatile, you can use it to make brewed tea, coffee or hot chocolate and use it in your favourite recipes.
Of all the available options, this is the most versatile. You can use it to make a traditional (and effective) home-brewed tea or include it in your recipes.
In order to choose the best high-quality ashwagandha, we recommend following a set of criteria to determine its quality:
- Make sure it’s organic. There are many questionable producers of herbs and plants which use potentially harmful pesticides in their products. Make sure you choose a supplier who can guarantee pure certified organic ashwagandha.
- Make sure your product only contains the root, not the leaves. Some ashwagandha powders use both root and leaves. However, the ashwagandha root is what seems to provide health benefits.
- Make sure the powder contains the whole root and not an extract. Whole food powders contain the entire root, while extracts aim to isolate specific bioactive compounds using processes that involve water or alcohol. Our organic ashwagandha powder is a whole food powder, as we believe it’s better to consume plants in the way nature intended. (augustafreepress.com)
- Cooley et al, “Naturopathic Care for Anxiety…”,PLos One, 2009.
- Candelario et al, “Direct Evidence for GABAergic Activity of WithaniaSomnifera on…”, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2015.
- Bhattacharya et al, “Anxiolytic-antidepressant Activity of WithaniaSomniferaGlycowithanolides…”,Phytomedicine, 2000.