We all want a comfortable, neat and clean, nice looking bed. If you are someone who is reading about how to put a doona cover on, it is probably because you already know that only putting a clean sheet on your bed isn’t going to satisfy the inner homemaker in you. So, let’s just go into detail and see how to put a duvet cover or quilt cover in seconds.
Basic Steps to Follow
In short, you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to invert your duvet cover or quilt cover with the opening going at the bottom side of your bed.
- Align all the corners of the quilt cover.
- Start from the head of your bed, and then do some rolling on your quilt cover and make it comfortable like a cozy burrito.
- As you reach the end of your bed, you need to go towards the right opening of your cover and then flip it over, which is the burrito end side. It will expose the right side of the quilt cover.
- Finally, you need to unroll the burrito you have just made out of your quilt cover and back it towards the head side of your bed.
Things to Consider while Putting a Quilt Cover Perfectly
If you’re looking for answers to How to put a doona cover on in a matter of seconds, then follow these steps as indicated below:
First of all, turn your cover inside out as you start the process. You will roll it later after you reverse it. You can lay the cover on the floor. However, if you raise your mattress a bit, it will become easier to reach.
Line up the edges if you want to put a quilt cover in seconds. If you don’t, that won’t help you put it in a fast manner. You can apply this burrito method without using any ties. However, you will need to stay careful as you do the rolling thing considering you do not have them.
You might be able to get the corners attached with the help of safety pins considering you want to go for a replacement. When the ties get attached, you can simply roll the quilt and the comforter all together. If there isn’t any partner to help you with doing this, try switching back and forth through the different sides as you perform the rolling steps.
It will take you a bit of time to do this, but you can do it easily as you keep practising. When you have finished with the rolling process, your doona cover and the comforter will look like just a skinny burrito.
As you can see, making a quilt cover is not a complex thing at all! We are hopeful that this burrito method helped you in understanding how to put a quilt cover on your bed without getting any frenzy. After all, that is something that we all want to learn in order to make a nice, comfy bed that we can cozy up in by the end of the day.