Going to a spa is nice, but do you know what’s better? Beauty treatments at home. These treatments offer the convenience and comfort you can’t find in the world’s top spas. If you want to save money, feel better and do it day after day, we have a few ideas that you can follow immediately.
Table of Contents
4 Home Beauty Salon Ideas You Can Start Today
1. At-Home Facial
If you dont know how to have a beauty day, you need to start with a facial. At-home facials should be part of your skincare routine. You’ll need to just about 20 minutes to give yourself a facial that will include just a few quick steps:
- Use a gentle cleanser to remove any makeup or dirt from the face. You’ll need to use a cleanser each time you perform a facial because it’s the foundation of the process.
- Once the cleanser has been applied and your face is fully cleansed, it’s time to apply an exfoliator. An exfoliator works to remove dead skin cells that build up on the skin and also helps remove dry skin.
- Put on a facial mask, such as a clay-based mask if you have oily skin or an oil mask if you have dry skin. You’ll want to relax with the mask on your face for at least 15 minutes. Once the time is up, use a facial sponge or washcloth to remove the mask.
- Finally, you’ll need to use an alcohol-free toner and end the entire process with a moisturizer that will seal in moisture.
You’ll also find ready-made products that come with all of the ingredients you need to perform your own facial at home.
2. Massage Chair Bliss
If you’re building your own at-home beauty spa, why not splurge and consider massage chairs for your space? Yes, it’s an expense, but chairs like those listed below offer you the possibility of calming, zero gravity face masks – pure bliss.
The following chairs are a good option for your at-home beauty salon:
- WholeBody® 5.1: A luxury massage chair that uses dual motors, a base that swivels, a retractable foot and calf massager and state-of-the-art massage technology to melt away stress and muscle pain.
- Super Novo: A chair known for its intense massage power. The Super Novo offers three-dimensional massage, boasts Alexa-enabled controls, S- and L-track massage and fingertip controls so that you can lay back with your face mask and control the unit effortlessly.
- Perfect Chair® PC-610: Not a massage chair, but the PC-610 allows you to recline back into zero gravity, improve circulation, and relieve stress. We recommend the Supreme Upholstery Package for ultimate bliss (and calming Jade Stone Heat).
Don’t have the budget for a massage chair? That’s okay. The following are great options for easy, at-home beauty treatments
3. Whiten Your Teeth
If you’re thinking about whitening your teeth, you may be able to do it in the comfort of your home rather than going to the dentist’s office. However, treatment at a dentist is the optimal choice for anyone who has significant tooth staining.
If you want to whiten your teeth by one or two shades, you can use whitening systems in the comfort of your home.
You’ll want to:
- Research the whitening system you choose to ensure that it’s developed by dentists
- Choose kits that use gentle whitening measures, such as hydrogen peroxide
Whitening your teeth is a longer process that will often take several weeks and an hour or more per day to whiten.
4. Reinvigorate Your Hair
Your hair care routine may take multiple steps to complete. Thankfully, you can use many of the products in your home to care for your hair properly. A few of the recommendations to reinvigorate your hair are:
- Remove any buildup in your hair with the use of rosemary oil and apple cider vinegar. Combine a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and rosemary with water and rinse your hair with it. The rinse will remove any buildup from hair products.
- Deep condition the hair afterward by combining the following ingredients into a conditioner: coconut oil, castor oil, honey, olive oil and mayonnaise. Place all of the ingredients into a blender, mix and then apply to your damp hair. Allow the mixture to remain on the hair and then rinse with lukewarm water to remove it from the hair.
- Finally, create your own hair smoother with the use of rice water. You can make this water by soaking uncooked rice in four cups of water. Let the rice sit for 30 minutes, pour the water into your spray bottle and then apply to the hair and scalp. Allow the smoother to sit for 20 or more minutes before rinsing.
Of course, these are just some of the beauty tips to try at home. There are many additional treatments that you can try, but these are all a good start.