Loafers are worn without a lace or a fastener . As a result, they are sometimes referred to as “slip-ons.” Loafer shoes are thought to have been invented in the 1920s. The shoemakers created loafers for King George IV in 1926, since he desired an indoor shoe that was comfortable and simple to put on. The loafer then evolved into an outdoor shoe, and many businesspeople began to wear it. Loafers usually feature a low or no heel. In addition, they sometimes have a seam on the top of the vamp (apron). This could be a functional or purely decorative feature of the shoe. It is essential to know the various types of loafer shoes that are available before Buying Loafers;
- Penny Loafers: This model features a leather forefront strap with a diamond-shaped slit large enough to contain a penny. They’ve been popular men’s shoes since the 1950s.
- Tassel or Kiltie Loafers: The Alden Shoe Company invented this slip-on style, which Brooks Brothers popularised. It has beautiful lace detail on top with tassels.
- Gucci Loafers: Gucci developed a loafer with a brass strap that was available in black, making it appropriate for business. Women’s Gucci loafers have also become highly popular.
- Moc Loafers: These have similar overcast stitching to classic traditional moccasins.
- Apron Loafers: The forefoot is covered in an apron-shaped piece of leather with a lacing.
- High-Heeled Loafers: While most loafers have flat or low heels, high-heeled loafers are women’s pumps with vamps that resemble typical loafers.
Buying Loafers shoes are perfect for any situation, whether you’re going to the office in your business casual attire, stepping out on a date, or having a laid-back evening. They’re not only comfortable, but they’re also really versatile.
You should also know how to style these loafers with different outfits.
Loafers can be used for casuals or formal looks, depending on the types of loafers. So, you can wear a shirt and jeans or a t-shirt and chinos with loafers, but a t-shirt and jeans with loafers won’t look good and also it will be considered “too casual.” Another thing is to stick to suede loafers to keep things light and casual.
It isn’t wise to use bold-colored loafer shoes for a more formal look. The trick is to keep the tones of your outfit in the same color palette as your shoes. Timeless shades such as black, brown, and grey will all work here. Also, opt for leather loafers rather than suede to ensure things stay smart. One should wear invisible socks under loafers or in case you are sockless; you should opt for a suit having trousers with a short length. Women can wear loafers along with formal dresses as well.
Mochi has a large selection of different sorts of loafer shoes for everyone at a low price. They guarantee high-quality shoes and offer a wide range of choices at a reasonable price. You can go to your nearest store, or you can even buy footwear online!