It’s not often that a dish makes a splash in popular culture because of a show, yet that’s what happened with the milk steak.
Charlie Kelly, the character in the show “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” loves the dish and likes it hard boiled. You’re going to learn how to make this dish.
Milk and Meat
When people hear about Charlie’s milk steak recipe, most folks kind of cringe. His character is kooky, so it fits his brand, but it sounds like a weird dish, almost made up.
What’s even worse is that boiling the meat in milk isn’t the end of it. Charlie likes milksteak and jelly beans on the side. He wanted everyone who read his online dating profile to know this was his favorite meal, which would probably raise eyebrows.
That’s what folks love about his character. He’s unapologetically himself even if that makes him seem a little strange, but the truth is that the Make Milk Steak recipe isn’t as strange as some might imagine.
Milk and steak have been mixed in many ways all over the world. For example, some folks mix milk and cream to make a mustard sauce that is used to cook veal kidneys in. That’s an interesting dish with bold taste explosions.
You should also know that some people soak organ meats like kidneys and livers in milk before they’re cooked. This step helps reduce the strong taste of these meats, and it works.
You’re starting to notice the relationship between meat and dairy has always been there if you know where to look. The truth is that some of the juiciest burgers out there have some fresh milk in them. It’s not so crazy that Charlie loves steak prepared in this type of liquid.
It’s only crazy because cooking meat in milk is not so common anymore. It’s slowly disappearing, but thankfully, this strange guy just brought it back with a bit of flair.
How to Make Milksteak and Jelly Beans?
You’re going to need the following ingredients to make this meal:
- You’ll need 1 medium iron steak or top blade shoulder steak would work best.
- You’ll want two cups of whole fat milk.
- The dish is going to need 1/4 of a cup of raw honey.
- You’ll need half a teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To finish the dish off, you’ll want one whole teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Lastly, you’ll need half a cup of your favorite jelly beans.
To make this steak, you can follow the steps below:
- The first thing you want to do is blend your milk, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a pot.
- After that, turn up the heat until the honey completely dissolves. Let the mixture come to a boil before you move on to the next step.
- This is the part where you put that steak into the pot. You must place it into the saucepan carefully. The milk is pretty hot right now; the last thing you want is for the milk to splash on you.
- When you place the steak in, try to wait until it begins boiling again. Once it does, reduce the temperature immediately. What you want is a nice simmering milk bath for the steak.
- You want to keep an eye on the steak the whole time it’s cooking. You’re going to let one side cook for five minutes, slowly stirring the milk as it cooks. The reason you’re stirring is so that the milk skin doesn’t form at the top. Once those five minutes pass, flip the steak and cook another five minutes.
- Remove the steak from the saucepan and let it rest for a few minutes. If you want, you can pour just a bit of that milk over the steak to give it some additional moisture. Cut into it a bit to make sure there’s no pink left inside unless you like your steak a little bloody although Charlie likes his well done.
- Part the steak with a knife and drizzle your jelly beans all over the meat and you’re done; you’ve got Charlie’s favorite dish sitting right in front of you as strange as it might be.
Once you’ve tasted it, you can start to mess around with the dish and make it your own. You can mess around with the spices to see what kind of milk steak works best for you, or maybe you’ll stick with Charlie’s milky and meaty recipe instead if you like that. Click here to read more funny and interesting articles like this.