Aloe vera is a succulent plant that comes with several medicinal properties. You can drink aloe vera juice and get rid of several health problems. The beverage can potentially help you keep a healthy gut, reduce digestive problems, treats acne, and much more. So, are you thinking about purchasing aloe vera juice? Well, it is always best to make aloe vera juice at home! Wondering how? Worry no more! Here we will tell you how to make aloe vera juice at home within a few minutes. Plus, we have also got you few tips about drinking and harvesting aloe vera plants at home. So, what are you waiting for? Start scrolling down to check out everything about this super magical plant!
Table of Contents
What is aloe vera?
Before we tell you how to make aloe vera juice, let us check out everything about this medicinal plant.
The aloe vera gel plant possesses medicinal value and can be used to treat various illnesses. You can avail the aloe vera gel directly from the plant or through various ointments available in the market.
You will find various over-the-counter ointments, gels, and creams to possesses the gel that is gotten from the leaves of the aloe vera plant. These products can easily be put onto your skin to cure many of your skin conditions. It is present in the form of liquid or capsules to promote internal health well-being.
Now that you know everything about the plant let us check out how to harvest the aloe vera plant.
How to harvest aloe vera plant?
If you don’t know where to buy an aloe vera plant, you can try to harvest it at home with ease. All you will require is a plant that is old for a few years. In that way, you can be sure the plant possesses several active compounds.
More so, you should wait for weeks before you start to utilize the gel to make aloe vera juice from the plant. If you wish to harvest the aloe vera gel plant often, you should wait for it to go for a few plant rotations.
Ways to harvest aloe vera plant:
- Try to cut around three to four leaves at one time. Always try to choose the leaves that are thick and is visible from the outer side.
- Make sure that the leaves do not possess any damage or contain molds.
- Remember to cut the leaves of the aloe plant right from the stem. The nutrients are mainly present at the leaf base.
- Do not choose the roost of the aloe plant.
- Remember to wash off the leaves well and gradually allow them to dry.
- Use a knife or kitchen scissors to trim the prickly edges.
- Now carefully use your fingers or a sharp knife to remove the internal gel from the leaf. The gel that is present internally is the one you are supposed to use.
- Let the yellowish sap drain out from the leaves. The yellow sap is known as the aloe vera latex. If you wish to use the yellow sap later, store it in a container. But if you do not require it, throw it away.
- Now, cut the gel of the aloe vera into cubes or slices.
Now it depends on how you would want to avail the aloe vera gel uses. You can either place them in the blender and make a smooth paste out of it. Finally, strain it through a sieve and chuck out the pulp to make aloe vera juice. But if you wish to apply it to your skin or hair, you can use the slices or cubes directly.
What are the benefits of Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera is a super plant. It possesses several supernatural qualities to cure you of several diseases. You can apply aloe vera topically or consume it to avail its benefits.
So, let us not waste any more time in checking out what are the benefits of aloe vera:
Can Heal burns
Aloe vera contains several cooling, soothing and moisturizing properties. So, you can avail the aloe vera gel uses to cure burns.
A study was done on 50 participants in the year 2013. The study shows that aloe vera gel used to cure partial-thickness and superficial burns were massive. It worked better than silver sulfadiazine cream. More so, it was super cheap and easily available.
Though there is a requirement for more research, the available results show that aloe vera gel can treat burns.
Keeps Digestive System Healthy
The benefits of aloe vera drink work immensely to improve digestive health. You can drink aloe vera juice and cure several stomach problems. It can relieve abdominal pains and even relieve irritable bowel syndrome.
A review was done in 2018 after three studies that were done on 151 people. The result concluded that the benefits of aloe vera drink were more potent than many over-the-counter medicines. There were no effects seen, but there is a requirement for a more evidential study.
Plus, you can drink aloe vera juice and stop the growth of harmful bacteria like H. pylori in your digestive tract. The growth of this harmful bacterium can cause ulcers too. However, it is essential to note that all of these apply to aloe vera and no other aloe plants.
Improves oral health
If you suffer from a plaque or other dental problems, aloe vera can be a potent option. You can either use it as a mouthwash or toothpaste as they are natural options for you.
A study done in 2017 showed that people who were using aloe vera toothpaste had massive oral health improvements.
A study was done on 40 adolescents and was put into two groups. One group was given triclosan containing traditional toothpaste, and the other was given aloe vera toothpaste. All of them were asked to brush twice a day.
The study took place for around 30 days. And at the end of the study, it was seen that aloe vera toothpaste was more efficient in curing gingivitis, candida, and plaque than traditional toothpaste.
So, you can start using the aloe vera toothpaste to avail all its benefits.
Keeps skin acne-free
Use the aloe vera on the face for a month, and be sure to have acne-free skin in no time. You can buy the ointments, creams, cleansers, toners that contain aloe vera as their main component.
Several acne curing products that contain aloe vera as their primary component is more potent than various traditional treatment products.
A study done in 2014 proved that products contain aloe vera gel and conventional acne medication was better than several other products. The comparison was made with the conventional medication itself and many more such medicines. The presence of aloe vera made a vast difference in the potency of the product.
Can Relieve anal fissures
You can avail the benefits of aloe vera to cure several anal fissures. All you need to do is purchase a potential cream and apply it to the fissures. Within a few weeks, you will notice the fissures disappear.
A study was done in 2014 on people for six weeks. It was seen that the cream worked much better than several over-the-counter medicines. The creams help in wound healing and also reduces pain. Since the study was done on a small group of people, more research is being done in this regard.
Aids in Weight Loss
Aloe vera is a great go-to if you are thinking about weight loss. Since it contains little or no sugar, it can be a potential beverage for losing weight. So, aren’t you eager to know how to make aloe vera juice for weight loss? Keep scrolling down to learn more!
How to Make Aloe Vera Juice?
You can always buy aloe vera juice readily available from the shops. But it is always best to make aloe vera juice at home. You can make aloe vera juice without a blender or with it. But making it at home will fetch you all the essential nutrients present in the juice.
So, let us check out how to make aloe vera juice at home:
Ingredients You require:
- Aloe vera leaf – one large
- One sharp knife
- Small Bowl
- Water – 3 cups
Instructions to make aloe vera juice:
Here are the following instructions to make aloe vera juice:
- Try to locate one healthy and large leaf of aloe vera. It is best if you try to pull them rather than cutting them off.
- Slowly cut off the pricky edges of the aloe vera leaf. You will see the latex of the aloe plant start oozing out.
- Gradually, use the knife to slice through the aloe vera plant. Then, use a spoon to scoop out the gel. You can also use the knife tip to scoop out the gel.
- Put the gel in a bowl.
- You need to carefully check out if there are any remnants of latex present in the gel. That’s because the latex contains laxative properties that are not an ideal thing to consume.
- Now, use the blender and toss in the aloe vera gel. Ideally, two tablespoons are enough.
- Pour in some water and blend it for four to five minutes at a low setting.
- Transfer the juice into a glass. You can try adding some ginger or lemon juice to add some flavor to your aloe vera juice. Your favorite aloe vera juice is ready!
Now that you know how to make aloe vera juice, it is time to know few tips to consume aloe vera juice. Hang in there to know it all!
Tips to keep in mind while consuming aloe vera juice
Aloe vera juice is a wondrous drink. You can make aloe vera juice without a blender or with it. It can provide you with several health benefits. But you should keep few tips while consuming this drink.
Check out the following:
- It is best to consume aloe vera juice only two times in one day. Only then can you avail all the beneficial properties of aloe vera.
- Are you wondering how much aloe vera to drink daily? When you are making the juice, do not take more than two tablespoons for one glass. That implies you will require four tablespoons of gel for one entire day.
- Always remember to refrigerate the aloe vera juice. You must refrigerate the juice even if you are consuming it in one day.
- Since the aloe gel oxidizes fast, you need to blend and remove it immediately. That is because oxidization can change the nutritive value of the aloe vera gel.
- Always remember to clean the latex from the aloe vera. That is because by consuming the latex you can lead the body to several health problems. Stomach discomfort and diarrhea are common symptoms seen after consuming latex.
As we come to the end of our blog today, you indeed know how beneficial aloe vera is for your health. So, you can avail all these benefits by applying the gel externally or consuming aloe vera juice.
You can always try out new variations to make aloe vera juice. Adding in some honey or orange might enhance the bland flavor of this super drink. But if you are not making the aloe vera juice at home, check out the label before purchasing it. That is because several juices contain added color, preservatives, and many more harmful ingredients.
If you are on specific medications, ask your doctor before you include aloe vera juice into your diet. Once you are sure from your doctor, avail all the benefits of this wonderful plant. Don’t forget to leave us a comment below about how the aloe vera juice recipe turned out to be!