Education always gets prime importance in India. There are numerous reputed schools, colleges, engineering colleges, management colleges in the country. All of them are engaged in imparting quality education. However, admission into these renowned colleges is done through the entrance test. Here is a glimpse of the different entrance exams accepted by the top MBA Colleges in India.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
- IIM Bangalore is the best MBA College in India. It has been ranked 1 by NIRF and has been known as a leading B School in Asia. IIMB was established in 1973 with the affiliation from UGC and AICTE. Since its inception, it has been engaged in producing global leaders, competent to meet the challenges of the industry. It boasts of its excellent infrastructure, global curriculum, highly qualified faculties and good placement records. The students are admitted here following their scores in GRE, GMAT and CAT. The total fee for two years MBA programme is RS. 20 lakhs approximately.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- IIM Ahmedabad started its journey in the year 1961 with the affiliation of UGC as a public business school and is considered one of the best MBA Colleges in India. Recently it has been awarded 2nd rank by NIRF. It offers postgraduate, diploma, certificate and fellowship programmes in management. Apart from imparting best education in the field of management, it is devoted to producing competent managers who would successfully contribute to the economic growth of the country. Candidates are selected for admission following their scores in CAT, GMAT and GRE. The total fee for the postgraduate programme is Rs. 20 lakhs approximately.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta
- IIM Calcutta is the oldest B school in India. It was established in 1961 as the first national institute for conducting postgraduate and research programmes in management by the Government of India. Over the years it has grown into a centre of excellence, providing world-class education in management. It holds 100% placement records. The students are admitted in this premier MBA College in India on the basis of their scores in CAT, and GMAT. The total fee for two years MBA programme is Rs. 20 lakhs approximately.
Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
- XLRI Jamshedpur was established in 1949 by the Jesuit Fathers with a vision to ‘renew the face of the earth’ through imparting education. This is the oldest MBA College in Apart from imparting education, it also encourages students in games and sports and co-curricular activities. It also holds an excellent placement record. The students get a chance to study in this reputed B School on the basis of their scores in XAT. The total fee for two years MBA programme is Rs. 20 lakhs approximately.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Delhi
- IIFT was established in 1963 with an aim to produce professionals, skilled in foreign trade management. It is one of the best MBA Colleges in India which offers programmes in International Business Management. The college is affiliated to UGC. All the students of IIFT find themselves securely placed in MNCs at the completion of their courses. IIFT conducts its own entrance test to admit students. Besides, it accepts the scores of GMAT.
Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- MDI Gurgaon started its journey in 1973 as an autonomous private institute with the accreditation of AICTE and NBA. It is one of the best MBA Colleges in India which was established under the aegis of several global institutes like UNIDO, UNDP, ILO, and World Bank. It conducts exchange programmes in collaboration with the University of Connecticut, USA, and Warsaw School of Economics etc. It conducts its own entrance test for admission. Besides, it considers the score of GMAT and CAT.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore is one of the 20 IIMs established by the government for Management education in India. The IIMs are considered the best b-schools in India. IIM Indore is one of the top rated campuses. Established in 1996, IIM Indore is the sixth in the family of state-supported management schools which is ranked 10thby MHRD-NIRF (2017) among the top 100 b-schools of India.
- IIM Indore offers a range of world-class management programmes including PGP, EPGP and other certificate courses.
- In order to get an MBA admission, a candidate must have completed Graduation in any field from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent.The candidate must also possess work experience not less than 6 months.
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management also known as SJMSOM is a public business school and part of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT B). The institute was established in 1995.
- The college has been ranked 5thfor MBA by NIRF 2018.
- Admission to MBA course is based on the merit list prepared on the basis of the marks scored in CAT exam followed by WAT-PI.
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) – Pune
- Symbiosis Institute Of Business Management (SIBM), Pune is a constituent of Symbiosis International University (SIU) and was established in the year 1978. It remains the flagship brand of Symbiosis and is recognized as one of the best Business Schools in India. SIBM has been consistently ranked amongst the top B Schools in India. SIBM Admission to the two-year MBA programs (General as well as Innovation (I) and Entrepreneurship (E)) are granted on the basis of candidates’ performance in SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test).
Selection in the PG diploma courses is on the basis of aspirants’ performance in the personal interview.
The Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- The Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi, also known as DMS IIT Delhi was established in 1993 by an amendment in IIT Delhi statutes, currently runs a two-year full-time MBA programme with focus on Management Systems, a two-year full-time MBA with focus on Telecommunication Systems Management and a three-year part-time MBA programme with focus on Technology Management.
- The candidates are selected on the basis of their CAT percentile.
Besides, there are other top MBA colleges in India which accept students on the basis of their scores in CAT, MAT, XAT, IBSAT, NMAT etc. Also browse top MBA colleges in India fees, ranking, cutoff, exams at https://www.shiksha.com/mba/ranking/top-mba-colleges-in-india/2-2-0-0-0