Anti-aging and cosmetic procedures have come into the mainstream from the past few years. They have now become the surgery that most women want, not need. While some countries are the destination for people looking for affordable procedures, for others it’s a boon for particular operations.
In fact, it has now become a multi-billion dollar industry, offering things like eyelid reductions, tummy tucks, breast implants and more.
If you think that face you often see in the mirror isn’t you anymore, your face has aged effects. Although there isn’t any formula for youthful skin, there are procedures that help in minimizing the signs of aging. And, one such procedure is Rhytidectomy, also called a facelift.
What Is A Facelift?
A facelift or Rhytidectomy is a form of cosmetic surgery that experts like from Center for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery offer patients to give them youthful skin. It brings your face in proper shape by removing the excess facial skin. It can tighten loose and bulging skin, hanging excess fat from skin and fat under the neck and chin.
Besides, it also helps in removing deep creases around the mouth and nose and also help in tightening skin hanging around the jawline.
Facelifts help in tightening sagging skin, and the operation is done in an operating room by giving anesthesia or local seductive to the patient. The procedure takes at least 2-5 hours and doesn’t offer any side effects.
Traditionally, the surgeons inspect the front of the ear, which extends behind the ear, hair, and hairline. The surgeon then lifts the extra fat from the skin, by gently pulling the skin to upward motion.
You might get a cut under the chin to deep in the neck tissue and to tighten the skin; this process is called a neck lift. Once done, the incisions are then closed with the sutures or staples.
The Surgeon Will Examine You Before Surgery.
Before surgery, the surgeon will review your:
- Blood pressure
- Skin condition
- Blood clotting
- The amount of drug usage and cigarette
- Your skin type
- Bone structure
You will get to know how the process will happen, type of anesthesia and other complications.
How Long Will It Take To Recover?
One of the most common misconceptions that flies around facelift is their recovery time. The expected recovery time of a facelift is six weeks, which is around 10-14 days for most of the patients.
However, you can expect some bruising or swelling in the healing process.
Benefits Of Facelifts?
The primary benefits of face-lifts are enhanced appearance, giving more youthful and attractive skin. Plus, you will feel more confident and have a positive feeling. Other benefits are:
- Tight Facial Muscles: SMAS, Superficial musculoaponeurotic system, which is actually the structure of your face, start to become weak and sag with age. So, to rearrange this structure and to tighten them to better configure, facelifts are recommended.
- Repairing Loose Skin: Sage skin must be trimmed carefully and should be tightened to restore the natural look. Also, the facial skin should not be tightened, as it can lead to the pulled-skin appearance.
- Improve Facial Contours: A mid facelift helps to restore skin for smoother cheeks and the areas under the eyelids. On the other hand, the lower facelift helps to create attractive jawline contour, thereby removing jowls and smoothing neck areas. This also means, if you have fleshy jowls or neck, you can go for liposuction.
Types Of Facelifts:
Depending on what you want, facelifts are of various types. Some of the most advanced ones are:
- SMAS facelift: This type of facelift help in lifting the layer of tissues that are under your skin. The procedure helps in recovering the loose neck bands and eliminates the appearance of drooping facial features.
- MACS lift: Minimal access cranial suspension or MACS lift is a facelift procedure that is ideal for the patients who have better skin elasticity. It includes shorter surgery time, fast recovery and minimal scarring.
Facelifts or surgeries are something that people often worry about looking stretched out. However, if you choose a professional surgeon, nobody will be able to tell the difference. So, the key to the best surgery is to look for experts with high-quality results.