Modern Kitchen Trends to Consider

Modern Kitchen Trends to Consider

Now that we’re in the 21st century, it’s time to bring your kitchen up to modern standards! In this article, we will take a look at some of the most popular modern kitchen trends to consider, including:

  • Plywood Cabinets
  • Faucets and Hardware
  • Bright Windows
  • Quartz Countertops

Let’s begin!

Plywood Cabinets

In the past, kitchen cabinets had to be constructed in a boxy way to withstand the weight of dishes and groceries while being affixed to the wall, often requiring an interior frame and extensive labor. Luckily, with the advent of modern plywood, with its distinctive look and unparalleled strength, prefinished cabinets made of plywood have many benefits that other materials and methods don’t. First, you can add visually-appealing curves for a kitchen island, for example. Second, because plywood doesn’t require internal framing, you can have more space to put your belongings. Last, plywood can be bought in a variety of species (i.e. wood, oak, cherry, maple, elm, etc.) and endless stains to match your home’s interior without having to compromise or mismatch.

Faucets and Hardware

Your kitchen’s hardware speaks volume about how you’ve paid attention to detail, as well as the importance of top-notch materials that stand up to the test of time. That’s where stainless steel hardware and faucets can go a long way. As you may or may not know, stainless steel is bacteria resistant and corrosion resistant. This means that you can keep your family healthier from common kitchen bacteria like E. Coli and salmonella.

Bright Windows

If our modern era has taught us anything, it is to use the most sustainable and renewable sources of energy to preserve the natural beauty of our planet. And what’s more natural than sunlight? By using bright windows, you can help make your interior space seem larger and more natural. Eating in natural light helps you get your daily dose of vitamin D. And there’s a hidden benefit of sunlight—just like the stainless steel above, UV rays from sunlight can help kill off bad bacteria that you may miss during cleanup. Best of all, bright windows allow you to take in your home’s natural scenery from your kitchen while avoiding some of the drawbacks of nature, like mosquitos and rain.

Quartz Countertops

Modern Kitchen Trends to Consider

Many home homeowners tend to drift towards the traditional granite countertops when looking to upgrade their kitchen. However, when you are looking for a good material to use for your countertops, considering looking into all the benefits of quartz vs. granite countertops. Quartz presents a cost-effective, durable, low-maintenance and visually-appealing look for your kitchen.

Made from 90% quartz with the remaining 10% resins and pigments/stains, quartz is an incredibly versatile material for your kitchen. First, quartz countertops are non-porous, which means that liquid spills on its surface won’t sink in and rot the material. Quartz countertops are also low maintenance, which requires minimal cleaning (something that materials like marble and granite require regularly).

Quartz countertops are extremely durable, which makes it ideal for your family—you can even cut vegetables on its surface (which isn’t recommended, as it will dull your knife). And because quartz is a man-made material that’s cut from large slaps, making it incredibly easy to customize in your kitchen. Many of its kitchen usages include countertops, island, decorative storage, backsplashes and more.

By incorporating these modern elements into your kitchen, you can combine the benefits of modern design and longevity of currently available materials.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here