When it comes to building your home or even your commercial space, the right choice of building materials is so important. In particular, the flooring is a critical aspect besides other concerns. However, getting the wrong material would mean that your everyday functionality would be a problem. It could mean constant slipping and falling for some while in other spaces it means that damage to the flooring or some building materials can block your cell signal. So here are vital factors to consider-
What is the floor space you are looking for?
One of the most important and critical elements to be examined here is the kind of floor space you are looking for or rather which part of the house or commercial project. The building materials drastically differ in these cases.
Wet and messy zones:
- Outdoor spaces need something that is more weather resistant and durable. Plus if you are covering a much broader area then you should look for something like natural stone or even Bluestone that helps to minimize weather related damage. Also being naturally gradient-rich, they are less prone to having slippery issues.
- These same issues go for the bathroom spaces too. The building materials here need to be resistant to water and extreme moisture conditions. Tiles that are non-slippery should be preferred. For the basin, countertops or even other shelving area you can go for granite but flooring in granite is quite risky for bathrooms. Marble is another popular choice here.
- Kitchen also comes in the same category. You also need flooring or building materials here that are easier to clean and low on maintenance. So though flooring of non-slippery kinds does work here, you don’t want to take a chance with the cabinets. Think of a more sturdy material, like stainless steel, that is less messy and much easier to work with.
Indoor spaces like your bedroom, living room, etc. are not that prone to high moisture but here you should focus on the decor aspect or the aesthetic appeal too. In particular, if you are looking for a commercial space then make sure that the durability aspect is considered. Some of the options or the building materials that work here include-
- Wood should be used in homes including the bedroom and the living spaces as long as you are living in cold zones. Else, high humidity and tropical zones are not really suggested for being adorned with wood. The chances of getting spoilt are much higher and they also add to the cost. Avoid them in commercial spaces too, because of the high costs involved.
- Marble and other stones are highly recommended when you are looking for building materials that provide a blend of style along with affordability. These are high on decorative value and there are plenty of cost options to choose from. Plus there is also the durability factor that cannot be ignored here.
Often it is the little things that make all the difference. When you are selecting building materials for your project do take into account the three most important aspects-
Everything that you choose or pick is going to revolve around these aspects. You don’t want to get something that is not going to blend with your home decor. Similarly you don’t want to spend a fortune on a rented space. As a rule of thumb, do not forget the other aspects like the accessories and the paint or the type of veneer here. All of these are going to be critical elements of your home or commercial decor along with being essential building materials.