Have you been told by your electrician that you need to upgrade your switchboard? If yes, there are several logical reasons for this suggestion. However, your question may be whether the switchboard upgrades are really required in your home. The below mentioned reasons for upgrading your switchboard will help you make the right and safe decision in this regard.
- You are experiencing constant flickering in lights and you are not able to identify the cause.
- Whenever you use more than two standard appliances in your home your fuse is blown.
- You plan to install safety switches in order to protect your family members.
- You have new modern appliances in your home and your fuse board is too small to accommodate all of them.
- The existing cabling in the fuse board has burnt out one or more of the fuse holders.
- When you come across a situation wherein you have oversized fuse wire in the holder and as a result the wire behind fuse board panel is burnt.
- The electrical cabling in your home is old and you want to add the protection of safety switches to your home but cannot afford to completely rewire the entire house.
- You are about to install new electrical appliances and there is not enough space or capacity on your existing switch board.
All of the above-mentioned reasons and situations call for switchboard upgrades.
Why Go For Switchboard Upgrades
Although we use electricity every day of our lives, we need to realize that it is too dangerous and it can harm us or our family members if proper precautions are not taken. If a short circuit occurs then there could be extreme damages to the appliances, house fires could take place, and other expensive damages can occur in the property. If your switchboard has fuses that are outdated then there are increased chances of electrocution to people that are trying to conduct their own repairs. There is increased power demand in every house considering the various appliances and technologies that we use nowadays. Apart from the fact that switchboard upgrades are good for the safety of home and family members, these are also great for increased energy efficiency. This also removes the chances of electrical outages and other risks associated with an outdated switchboard.
When To Opt For Switchboard Upgrades?
One of the most important things you need to remember is to not delay to take the step of replacement. If you are in doubt whether or not to go for the switchboard upgrade it is best to call a professional electrician to analyze your electrical system and then consider his recommendation. This will help you get an idea from experienced professionals in your area. At peak energy, using the older switchboard can cause electrical fires and other serious damages to your property. In the new and upgraded switchboard, the power surge is effectively protected and this happens in just a fraction of a second. If you realize that you have an outdated switchboard then it is high time for you to upgrade your switchboard and be safe.
When compared to the cost of damages to your property or loved ones, calling a skilled and licensed electrician for switchboard upgrades is relatively easy. The cost is low and it also provides further assurance that there will be no damages to your property. So make sure that you get in touch with your electrician and get your switchboard analyzed. If there is a need to upgrade, make sure you take immediate action for it.
So contact an experienced electrician today and become shock proof!