My second recipe I made for the 4th of July was Firecracker Pretzel Bark. It is very similar to My Heart Pops For You (for Valentine’s Day) and my Bunny Bait (for Easter) recipe. I love this recipe because you can make it for any occasion and/or Holiday. So the ingredients are simple and cheap, be sure to add them to your next 4th of July shopping list, and let me know how you like this recipe. The only roadblock I had was trying to find themed Red, White & Blue M&M’s. I know they exist, but where? After searching at least three different stores, Derek thought of using M&M Mini’s and picking out the red and blue chips. Desperate, I agreed and tried it out.
I love using the M&M Mini’s for this recipe. They do not fall out of the bark as much as the regular sized M&M’s when you break the bark into pieces. I felt I could also see the colors better because more fit into the mixture. It was a genius idea and I now have other colors to save for other upcoming celebrations.
This Firecracker Pretzel Bark was a hit at the 4th of July party we went to. We also brought this along with the Patriotic Puffs to snack on while waiting for fireworks to start.
It makes a lot so prepare for leftovers. They can be sealed in a rubber-maid and will last for a long time to come!
Looks like the 4th of July just got prolonged!
Ingredients: Pretzel sticks, M&M Mini’s (I picked out the red & blue chips), and vanilla white baking chips.
Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Add the pretzels and M&M’s. Heat the baking chips according to package and pour over pretzels and M&M’s.
Sprinkle the remaining M&M’s on top of the mixture.
I used a spoon to help mix and smooth out the mixture.
Place in freezer to harden. I let mine sit overnight and it was good to go in the morning.
The spread should be completely hardened.
Break into pieces. I used my hands for this.
- 1 pkg of white chocolate (vanilla white) morsels
- 1 bag of M&M Mini’s. (I could not find the themed 4th of July M&M’s for the life of me, so I bought the Mini’s and picked out the red & blue ones.)
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- Parchment paper
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, crunch pretzel sticks by hand and sprinkle with M&M’s on the cookie sheet. (Save some extra M&M’s for topping in step 3)
- Heat chocolate according to directions. (I used the microwave. Make sure to stir after each cycle)
- Pour chocolate evenly on top of pretzels and M&M’s. Sprinkle remaining M&M’s on top.
- Place in the freezer until hardened.
- Break into pieces and store in a freezer safe container in the freezer until ready to eat.