I am always looking for different ways to make ground beef. Using the same recipes becomes common, especially when cooking Mexican My boyfriend stumbled upon this recipe from Food.com and decided to try it out! The ingredients were simple and cheap. Preparation took about 30-45 minutes. A very easy meal to make and it tasted delicious! Between the 2 of us, we had around 5 stuffed jumbo shells left. It sure made great leftovers for the next night!
The ingredients which you might just have laying around the house
Heat the ground beef in a skillet with the taco seasoning
While ground beef is heating, boil the pasta shells according to package directions
Pour salsa in the bottom of a 9x13in greased baking dish
Fill each pasta shell with ground beef mixture and taco sauce
Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes
Once done baking, uncover and sprinkle with cheese and chips
Bake, uncovered an additional 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 12 large pasta shells
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- COOK BEEF.ADD TACO SEASONING AND PREPARE ACCORDING TO PKG DIRECTIONS.
- ADD CREAM CHEESE.COVER AND SIMMER UNTIL CREAM CHEESE IS MELTED.
- YOU CAN CHILL THE MEAT SO YOU CAN STUFF THE SHELLS EASIER.
- POUR SALSA IN THE BOTTOM OF A GREASED 9 X 13 IN PAN.
- WHILE THE HAMBURGER IS COOKING, COOK THE PASTA, DRAIN, TOSS WITH BUTTER.FILL EACH SHELL.PLACE IN BOTTOM OF PAN AND TOP WITH TACO SAUCE.COVER AND BAKE AT 350 FOR 30 MINUTES.
- UNCOVER,SPRINKLE WITH CHEESES AND CHIPS.
- BAKE 15 MINUTES LONGER OR UNTIL HEATED THROUGH.
- SERVE WITH SOUR CREAM, MORE SALSA, OR WHATEVER ELSE YOU THINK GOES GOOD WITH TACOS.
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueCalories 617.5 Calories from Fat 42068%Total Fat 46.7 g71%Saturated Fat 24.3 g121%Cholesterol 154.4 mg51%Sodium 1192.4 mg49%Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g6%Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5%Sugars 7.6 g30%Protein 31.8 g63%