Choosing the right removal company to transport your belongings is an important decision if you want your belongings to be delivered safely to the next destination. If you are moving home then many of the belongings you own are often priceless treasures with a lot of sentimental value attached to them. It would therefore be beyond disappointing for homeowners to lose any of these priceless items through the negligence of an inefficient removal company that failed to take the appropriate steps to ensure that their goods were transported as efficiently as possible.
For a business that wishes to transport its valuable equipment from one destination to the next, a good removal company will provide you with the assurance you need that your equipment and furniture will be safeguarded until they too reach their next location. The cost of replacing or even repairing damaged equipment would be the last thing that any business owner would want to do or would even have the time to do in anyways.
Finding the best removal company will depend on your unique requirements and care should be taken not to fall into the trap of using the first removal company that you come across.
- Location is important – of course, it’s desirable not only logistically but also logically to find a removal company that’s in close proximity to you rather than further away as it is just more difficult to oversee the process from miles away. Being in closer proximity to your removal company will allow you to manage the removal process much more easily.
- Take your time and don’t rush ahead without having a clear vision in your head of how you want the day of removal to play out. Paying attention to details is important here as failure to foresee potential challenges can result in spoiling a day that was meant to be an exciting and happy occasion.
- Plan ahead of time – popular removal companies are often booked well in advance; therefore, it is better to start looking around well in advance so that you aren’t left scrambling to book your spot with just any removal company.
- Get specific – make a list of the non-negotiables that you would expect from a removal company to transport your goods according to your personal specifications. Determine what it is you would like transported and if you require any additional services such as sorting, packing, storing, or the extra special handling of delicate items to ensure that they do not arrive chipped or worse – broken into pieces.
- Check online reviews to get an idea of which removal companies perform well and which meet and exceed client expectations.
- Get a proper feel for the removal company by inviting them over for a pre-survey beforehand, this will give you a better idea about the company itself and it will allow you to assess if the company has the necessary capabilities to be able to transport all you need in a timely and organized manner.
- Make sure that you query if the company includes insurance in their removal quote.
- Find out if there is a delay policy in your agreement as this is good to know especially if you have made plans in advance or if you aren’t going to be present or available to accept your belongings upon delivery.
- Are you aware of what their complaints policy entails? Having prior knowledge of these kinds of details beforehand can save you from headaches further down the line if a dispute were to arise between you and the removal company.
- Besides packing and organizing all your belongings in preparation for transportation, a reputable removal company will also package your belongings in the appropriate packaging to ensure your goods arrive in the same condition you sent them off in.
- The availability of storage facilities is also nice-to-have when you aren’t able to transport your goods to the next premises because they haven’t vacated in time for your delivery.
- Don’t be shy to negotiate for a price that suits your budgetary requirements as there are companies who are open to negotiating a price that is fair for both parties.
- Does the company look professional? A credible removal company will portray what they do best, through their attire, their service levels, and through their trained staff who have the necessary experience and knowledge to be able to show helpful initiatives and proven solutions to removal questions or challenges you may be facing. Removal companies who know their stuff will be able to allay your fears and concerns and put your mind at rest.
If you have already made the decision to move and are in the next phase of deciding on a removal company that has plenty of experience in providing removal services both locally and internationally, we are one of the more efficient removal companies in Bicester. Contact Move In Matters for friendly advice on how we can assist you in taking that next big step.