Mold can form anywhere in your home. It forms in moist, dark and humid spots around the house. It is visible as black spots, and can build up to be fungus-looking patches very soon. They can be very difficult to get rid of, especially if you did not have any experience dealing with them. In this blog, you will find everything about Safe Mold Removal.
There are many ways to get rid of mold, some of them can be made in the home, and they work properly. All of the things used in making home remedies for treating mold can generally be found in homes, or a quick trip to the store will be work.
Though, most of the cases of a mold infestation in homes can be treated using home-made remedies, more extreme cases require the assistance of Safe Mold Removal companies. Calling a professional company to help you control the infestation can never go wrong, as mold is notorious for hiding in spots that are not openly visible to the eye.
One more reason to take professional help is that the mold can be a health hazard when trying to get rid of it without proper gear and protection. Mold is known to case a lot of respiratory issues, with people suffering from allergies and asthma having extreme reaction to some kinds of mold.
The common ailments and diseases that are associated with staying in mold infested houses are as follows.
- Mold-induced asthma
- Allergic fungal sinusitis
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
These are some of the more common diseases caused by mold. Hence, it is important to take great care to remove it from our homes and buildings. Also, particular care should be taken while cleaning mold.
There are some common “good” practices that one should follow while clearing out mold. Though, small patches of mold can be removed in the home using household items, it is adviced to seek professional assistance while dealing with large patches of the fungus.
- Wearing protection masks: Masks that are rated N95 should be used while cleaning mold, as mold releases spores into the air. They can cause allergic reaction to the person who is trying to clean it.
- Proper care should be taken to clean the clothes worn during removal, as mold spores can stick to the clothes. And then it can spread to other parts of the house and then start infesting there.
- It is better to get rid of objects that are beyond extensively infested by mold, instead of trying to restore it. Because the chances are, even if properly cleaned from outside, it is almost always not possible to entirely rid of mold from an infected object.
The home-made remedies which we talked about before are listed below. For small patches of mold, these methods can be used to get rid of them in home without any assistance.
- Tea tree oil is commonly used for keeping spiders away, but do you know that it can also used as a safe option to get rid of mold.
- Grapefruit seed extract is also a good replacement to chemicals when it comes to removing mold.
- Baking soda is also available in everyone’s kitchen, and it can be used to treat mold by making a mixture of 50% baking soda and 50% water and applying it on mold infested surfaces.
- Vinegar, is also a commonly used food-grade chemical. It also can be used to treat black mold due to its antibacterial acidic characteristics.
- For the same reason vinegar is effective, lemon juice can also be rubbed on moldy surfaces to remove mold from the surface. Pour some lemon juice on the affected area, following it by wiping it away with a damp cloth.
- Hydrogen peroxide is a well-known oxidizing agent. It is available in physical and online stores for cheap in a spray bottle. Spray some on the mold directly or, soaking a cloth in the solution to wipe the mold will do the job.
Finally, care should be taken while cleaning mold. Minor patches of mold can be treated with safe mold removal remediation that can be made using readily available household items, but major infestation cases should be dealt with safe mold removal companies to protect your family from harm.