If you are in the market for blinds for your home or office, there are several points to consider. For instance, you have to think about the cost and functionality of the product to get the most value out of your money. However, the sheer choices in the market today, from brands, designs to colours, can be very intimidating.
According to data, the Australian windows covering industry, which includes blinds and curtains, has an annual compound growth rate of 2.0%. By the end of 2020, the sector is projected to hit $1.6 billion. On the global scale, the window blinds segment alone is estimated to reach US$2.446 billion by 2026.
Roman blinds are often confused with pleated blinds, but there is a slight difference between them. For instance, when you close the pleated blinds, the pleats can still be seen, whereas the roman blinds feature soft folds.
Here are the top reasons why you should choose pleated blinds for your home:
- Privacy — If you like privacy, then you can opt for pleated blinds, which can be opened from the top to down. They work well in bathrooms and spas. Also, if you have a home gym, you can work out in private without the nosey neighbours looking into your window while still allowing enough light into the room.
- Flexibility — If you like variety in the room, you can combine both the blinds and curtains or shades. The Roman blinds or pleated blinds work well with curtains, and they help bring texture and depth to any room. Pleated blinds are also the ideal preference for doors. You can install them at the bottom or the top of your window. When you pull the pleated blinds down, you will allow soft light into the room, creating a relaxed atmosphere.
- Stylish – Pleated blinds will immediately enhance the look of any space. For instance, the design is very different than your standard window covering, which means that your room will stand out. It is also easy to keep them out of sight because of the narrow stack height. Look for designs that amplify the look of the space. Contrasting colours, for instance, will create a striking impact.
- Create the illusion of soft shade – You can filter the amount of sunlight in the room without making it too humid or uncomfortable. You can fit the pleated blinds directly onto the frame, and the special support ensures that they do not sag over time. It is the reason why conservatories prefer pleated blinds due to the soft-shading effect, as well as their ability to reach skylights. Using a motorised mechanism, you can exert more control on the amount of light you bring in.
- Value for money – The products are known for their durability. Unlike with Venetian blinds, for instance, the slats of the pleated blinds tend to keep their natural shape. It means you do not have to replace them every few years. The natural honeycomb design also makes sure that they do not break or warp easily.
Regardless of the type of window blinds, it is crucial that you child-proof them, especially if you have toddlers or small kids at home. The Australian government recommends that you choose products with safety features to prevent any accidents from happening.