Caesar salad, the most popular Italian dishes, is one of the easiest things to make. If you have always craved to be labeled with a 'Masterchef' tag, this recipe is the best one to choose from. This salad is preferred by almost everyone. If you have cooked this delicious salad when you have guests at your place for lunch or dinner, you will be showered with compliments. Your guests are going to be bowled over, not just by the taste, by the looks of it too. This write-up is all about the Caesar salad recipe from scratch. Once you are through with the recipe, we are certain that you will get your sleeves rolled up to prepare this salad.
We have detailed the recipe of the classic Caesar salad with fresh home-made croutons that are crispy and crunchy. So, let's quickly jump into the ingredients section of the Caesar salad recipe. This salad does not too many ingredients, and as already mentioned, it is one of the easiest and the tastiest Italian dishes to make.
Ingredients to make Caesar Salad Recipe
- Romaine Lettuce – 1 large or 2 small heads
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (you can choose to shave the cheese as well)
- Crispy and crunchy croutons – Homemade
- Caesar salad dressing – Home-made or canned ones from the departmental stores
Before we jump into mixing all the ingredients, it is important to know the procedure to make the Croutons that are used in the classic Caesar salad. The croutons are the essential ingredients, and knowing how to make them is going to be helpful. The croutons are going to enhance the taste of the salad. It is also going to give it an appealing look. Well, one needs to understand that the approval of the eyes is obviously required before the food gets tasted. Hence, croutons aren't just tasted elevators; they also make the Caesar Salad look exotic.
The croutons would have garlic with cheese toppings. With every bite, you take the feeling the blend of cheese and garlic is going to ignite the oomph in you. Snacking on these croutons with the salad is an amazing feeling altogether. We have listed two ways of making Croutons.
Ingredients to make the croutons using Baguette
- 1/2 French Baguette cut in half and thinly sliced (1/4" thick)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic two small cloves
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Procedure to prepare the croutons that goes in the Caesar salad recipe
- You must slice the Baguette lengthwise, preferably thick slices.
- Lay the sliced Baguettes on the Baking sheet
- Bake them evenly until you get the right crispness and crunchiness.
Ingredients to make Croutons using bread
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3 Tbsp.
- Parmesan cheese - 2 Tbsp.
Procedure to make Croutons using bread
- Mince the garlic thoroughly and blend it well with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Toss the bread in this oil and add the parmesan cheese
- Spread them all in a container and bake the evenly and ensure they are crunchy
After the Croutons are done, it’s time to prepare the Caesar Salad Dressing. Let’s quickly understand the steps to make the dressing. If you got the ready-to-use dressing, you could use them else, and it is always better to know the recipe to make the dressing too.
Ingredients to make the dressing
- Two small garlic cloves minced (1 tsp)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper plus more to serve
Procedure to make the Caesar Salad dressing
- You have to take Minced garlic, Dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar in a bowl and whisk well. Whisk it until the mixture turns silky smooth and creamy. The trace of oil should completely disappear as you whisk.
- Add ½ tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. of black pepper to enhance the taste
- This is one of the lightest dressings, and you can make it quickly. It is also very healthy and is full of flavors. You do not have to add too much salt as well.
Once the dressing and the croutons are ready, it’s time to jump into the actual Caesar salad recipe.
- Take a large mixing bowl and blend all the ingredients and give it a nice toss.
- The Caesar dressing must coat the lettuce completely.
Serve the healthy salad with the crispy croutons for your guests and wait to receive compliments from everyone.
Duration to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you only need 30 minutes. One needs 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook the dish. Anybody can make this dish; you need not be an expert in culinary skills. The total calories per serving are 289 kcal. This salad is one of the healthiest and tastiest salads. You can eat it as a side dish and include it as part of the main course. The nutritional facts per one serving of the Caesar salad are as follows
Nutrition Facts of Caesar Salad Recipe
Amount per Serving is Calories 289 and has Fat 234%. It has a fat of 26g and also comprises of Saturated Fat 4g – 25%. One does not have to worry about the cholesterol as the salad has only 9mg - 3%. It also has sodium, potassium, carbs, proteins, and all other vitamins.
This salad can be eaten generously as it is extremely healthy. Well, now that you know the complete recipe of Caesar Salad, why don't you try making it this weekend? Invite a couple of neighbors or your close friends and binge on this yummy delicacy.
You can serve this salad with a glass of wine during the evenings, especially when it is raining. The crispy croutons and the delightful salad coated with parmesan will just melt in your mouths and make you feel elated. Happy cooking!