Generators are one of the most essential home appliances. Even if the power of your home goes out then you can switch on your generator for keeping your home warm during the winter season and cool in summer. Apart from that, the generator can also keep your food cool and charge your computer and mobile phone even when the power of your home goes out. Hence it becomes very essential to have a generator for every home. But it is not enough to purchase a generator – you have to buy the right generator for your home and for that you must have detailed knowledge on it. If you own an RV, choosing the best generator is also not that easy. There’s also a long list of different generators for your RV available out there which makes it more difficult on choosing the right one. In the market, you will get the generator from various brands and there is not a single brand that does not claim to be the best. This can certainly make you confused about which one to purchase and in the end you may end up buying a wrong generator. That is the reason why it is always recommended to go through 10 Power Up reviews which is a community supported website and provides you the detailed knowledge of the generator prevailing in the market. However, in this article, we have come up with all those things that you must check before you purchase the right generator for your home.
Things to consider before purchasing the right generator
The following are the things that you must consider before purchasing the right generator:
- Power: The first thing that you observe is the amount of power that you need at your home. Once you determine the wattage that you require as per the machines and appliances you use at your home you can understand how much wattage you need to purchase. Generally, it is seen that you need 6 KW of power at home.
- Fuel Type: There are various types of generators available in the market and the different generator runs on different types of fuel. Some of the common types of fuel used in the generator are kerosene, petrol, diesel, LPG, etc. So before you purchase the generator for your home you must first research what type of fuel is cheap in your locality as compared to other kinds of fuel so that you can buy the generator as per your budget.
- Fuel tank: The next thing that you must observe before purchasing the right type of generator is how bigger the tank of the generator is. In the market, you will that most of the generators have a fuel tank that can give you 7 to 9 hours of runtime even if you load 50% fuel on it. However, you can choose between a smaller and larger tank. But you must remember that the larger tank you purchase the more it will be heavier for you to lift especially when the tank will remain full of fuel. Apart from that, you will also get plastic and gas fuel tanks in the market. However, both these types of tanks have certain pros and cons and you must consider the generator based on it.
- Noise level: The generator that is smaller in design generally quiet as compared to that of the larger ones. In the market, you will even get a generator that is quieter than the normal conversation level. If you consider the quietest version of the generator your family as well as a neighbor will not get any disturbance and will certainly appreciate your decision. Generally, it is seen that a generator that is more than 4000 watts produces a little bit of noise. Again the generator that runs on diesel produces louder noise than that of the gas.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) is another great feature of a generator that removes the necessity for eliminating the carburetor deposit in the generator. Having EFI in the generator is actually a better option for those who do not maintain their generator regularly. Although you can easily remove the carburetor deposit with the help of EFI a lot of things can go wrong if you do not maintain your generator for a long time. However, having EFI in the generator can also help you to start the generator easily even in the cold condition.