There are various reasons why a person has decided to get a facelift at their local plastic surgeons office. Some of the reasons may be insecurities, damage to their face from an accident, extra skin from weight loss or just a touch up to maintain their appearance. Just by a simple lift, a person can gain back their confidence, start smiling more and appreciating the compliments they will receive because of a simple, but satisfying procedure. Whatever the reason may be for getting a facelift, the outcome will always be satisfactory to the person receiving the lift.
- Anesthesia: Before surgery, you will receive medication for comfort purposes. The anesthesia is administered moments before the procedure starts to ensure you and the doctor that you will undergo a painless process.
- Making the Incision: A Traditional facelift involves a small incision at the hairline and around the ears where it is most likely to not be seen.
- Closing the Incision: After trimming away the excess skin and connecting it back to your scalp, the incision is then closed up with sutures that dissolve.
- After the Surgery: All though a patient will experience swelling and bruising, it will all start to subside after just a few weeks.
What are The Different Types of facelifts?
- Ponytail facelift: A ponytail facelift is a minimally invasive technique that helps eliminate facelift scarring and gives a patient long-lasting effects.
- Liquid facelift: A liquid facelift is a non-surgical procedure that involves simple injections of face fillers and neurotoxins to the area of your face you are looking to tighten.
- Stem Cell facelift: A stem cell facelift is another non-surgical procedure completed by transferring stem cells from other areas of the body to the fatty areas of the patients face. This gives the skin more volume and a healthier look.
- Traditional facelift: A traditional facelift is where an incision is made from the hairline and around the patient’s ear. Once the incision is made, all excess skin is trimmed away and the incision is then closed up.
Although facelifts are designed to have undetectable scaring after the surgery, everyone who has done their research and asked their surgeon questions knows that in some instances, scarring can and will occur. With a professional plastic surgeon who truly knows what he or she is doing, they are able to hide the scarring within certain creases in the hairline and surrounding areas of the face. If any scarring is visible, it will be very minimal and easy to cover up with certain foundation products or cream. Always keep in mind that just because there is some scarring after the surgery, it does not mean they will linger forever. As you start to see your bruising and swelling going down, the scarring will start to subside as well.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
Anyone who does not have a condition that slows the body from healing and non-smokers makes excellent candidates for facelifts. If you have a medical condition that prevents proper healing to your body, you should consult your physician and plastic surgeon to find out if plastic surgery is something your body can undergo without any unwanted results. As for smokers, it is critical to stop smoking before having a facelift as it can slow down the healing process as well, which return can cause more scarring around your ears and hairline than if you were a non-smoker receiving the surgery. So before you go ahead and book your appointment, be sure to go through the steps to quitting smoking to ensure yourself of the bests results for your facelift.
Dr. Andrew Jacono
Dr. Andrew Jacono is a plastic surgeon is located in New York City and is one of the best plastic surgeons and facial reconstructive surgeons in the area. Dr. Janoco offers services such as facelifts, reconstructive surgery, body contouring (arm lifts, breast reduction, thigh lifts, and tummy tucks, and corrective reconstruction surgeries.
To prove his professional skills, Dr. Andrew Jacono has done live surgery in front of peers to show his techniques in completing the perfect facelifts. He has also attended over 100 plastic surgery meetings all around the world in places such as Paris, Rome, Spain, Japan, Russia, Portugal, and Columbia. At every meeting, he was given the opportunity to learn new techniques and information about the plastic surgery world to help him truly become the professional surgeon that he is today.
Schedule a consultation with an NYC-based, facelift specialist today!