If your cooking spot needs a refurbish and you do not know where to begin; here are some inspiring kitchen ideas to arouse your creative nerve. Whether you fancy a cottage look or modern contemporary, there is one simple rule to follow, the renovation must articulate with the layout of the kitchen. Do not overdo, define with simplicity and originality, and tackle aesthetics and functionality.
- Upgrade your kitchen with an island, a central butcher board or foldable tables. Such add-on lets you multitask around your kitchen in addition to enhancing the storage space. The central island or butcher’s board serves as a cut-n-chop station as well as may house cabinets underneath to tuck away pots and pans. Alternatively, a central island may act as a bookshelf on one side with stools on the other; it uplifts the entire setup especially in open space kitchens. In small-sized kitchens, it provides a serving space easing your navigation around the kitchen.
- Accentuate with brick and transform your kitchen look from ordinary to a historic aged facade with warm texture. Select your ceiling, a wall or use it as a backsplash. You may use actual bricks on one of the walls and improvise it to hang your utensils there. Alternatively, you can use a brick veneer, which is easy to maintain. The beauty is, bricks can be integrated with traditional, transitional, contemporary, or industrial designed kitchen. Kitchen cabinet store NJ shares some infinite ideas.
Source: Retro Renovation
- Another kitchen spot to engage in your ‘recreation venture’ is the cabinet. There is nothing, which cannot be achieved here. Select a favorite from a kitchen cabinet store. From modern two tones cabinets to contemporary open ones, industrial metal frames and wooden ledges of a chic shabby kitchen design, any style would do the trick. Kitchen cabinets not only function as storage but also as a display accessory; décor your kitchen with your favorite pieces for a more personalized touch.
Source: Tea for Ewe
- Experimenting with flooring brings a huge transition to the kitchen appearance. Paint for a modern look, make use of tiles in different shapes, sizes, and colors, select parquet flooring in herringbone, chevron wood pieces or go for marble slabs. You can opt for a mix and match pattern with tiles for a more oriental look. Ensure to keep the fluidity of color and pattern going according to the floor space available.
Source: Architectural Digest
- Mix and match is the new trend in modern kitchen designs. Bring into play visual creativity by mixing metals like bronze and brass, coordinating shiny with matte in areas like plumbing, lighting, hardware, kitchen appliances, or other kitchen fixtures.
- Amaze yourself by changing the countertops of your kitchen, a subtle change with colossal effect. Just select an opposite; switch from classical granite to latest concrete style, which is durable and scratch/heat resistant. They can be customized according to your preference. Quartz has established itself as another low maintenance and versatile material for countertops. Kitchen cabinet store NJ has factory-engineered varieties to choose from. Look up soapstone, stainless steel, marble, glass, and lava stone countertops. Bio-glass represents an eco-friendly material for countertops minus the hassles of a glass variety.
Source: KR Tile & Stone