At some point in our lives, we all feel physical pain. Pain is vital for our survival. It is an alarm to alert us to a problem. Without pain, we would carry on regardless, with potentially life-threatening consequences. If we’re lucky, we get away with minor aches and pains. For others, the pain can become more severe or chronic.
The following are two of the most common types of pain we experience, and how to prevent and cure them.
Four out of five people experience back pain at some point in their lives. It is the fifth most common reason to visit the doctor. There are many different types of back pain, depending on the cause. Back pain can be as a result of an injury or a sprain. It can also be due to lifestyle issues such as not getting enough exercise or being overweight.
If you suffer from regular back pain and can’t get any relief, seek medical advice. Chiropractors such as http://drannmiller.com/ will help manipulate your back. This will help with alignment and ultimately will soothe the pain.
There are several steps you can take to prevent some causes of back pain. Regular activity can reduce inflammation and muscle tension. Always warm up before exercise and warm down afterward. This will help prevent injury.
Being overweight can put excess pressure on your lower back. Therefore, maintaining a healthy weight can reduce the occurrence of back pain. Eat a healthy and balanced diet and stay hydrated.
Some back problems may be caused by work. If you have an office job and sit at a desk all day, this can cause lower back pain. There are several things you can do to alleviate this.
- Take regular breaks from your desk. Stand up and move around regularly.
- Ensure your desk chair is adequate for your needs. Ask for a workstation evaluation.
- If your chair doesn’t provide adequate support, consider a back support.
- Make sure your feet are flat on the ground. If your chair is too high, adjust it or use a foot rest.
- Ensure your screen is at the correct height so you don’t have to bend.
Headaches are a very common source of pain. There are many sources. As with any illness, it is important to seek medical advice if you are unsure. The most common type of headache is known as a primary headache. This includes tension headaches, migraines, and cluster headaches. Common headaches can be cured quickly with over-the-counter medication. However, if this doesn’t relieve them or they are frequent or severe, visit your doctor.
There are many causes of headaches including dehydration, alcohol, hormonal issues, injury, illnesses, etc. The cure will depend on the cause. There are several things you can do to prevent common headaches.
- Ensure you drink enough water each day and keep your body hydrated.
- Avoid excessive alcohol intake.
- Get enough sleep each night.
- Ensure you have the correct pillows for your sleep position.
- If required, wear prescribed glasses or contact lenses.
- Avoid glare from your computer screen.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
Back pain and headaches are two of the most common types of pain. Sometimes they are as a result of an underlying illness or condition. In these cases, it is important to seek medical assistance. For more common pains, take preventative measures to avoid them where possible. In addition, if you are looking for a mattress for back pain, you should try looking into options that are malleable yet supportive; read reviews and do your homework to select what will alleviate the back pain for you! 🙂