The first snowfall of the season is here! It was some flurries, but enough to cover the ground and make you shiver, so that counts!
My kitten’s 1st time ever seeing/experiencing snow…he actually did not mind it!
For dinner, this called for a nice warm dish to serve. Baked Chicken & Broccoli. My boyfriend made this (mostly from him experimenting) which turned out wonderful. He is such a natural at adding ingredients and going by what he thinks will taste right. He sure is good at it. He used fresh broccoli and cheese smothered on top which melted into the chicken. It was fantastic and leaves you full. This also makes wonderful leftovers! Preparation took only 15-20 minutes and the baking time is 45 minutes. So very easy and quick. This is a perfect meal for a flurry of a night!
Fresh broccoli, rinsed and strained
The chicken laying on top of the uncooked rice and soup
Topped with fresh broccoli
Covered with aluminum foil before entering the oven
After 20 minutes in the oven, remove and sprinkle cheese on top. Enter back in oven, covered, for an additional 25 minutes
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving
What You Need:
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Meat Tenderizer
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 batch of fresh broccoli
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
How To Make:
- Stir the soup, water, rice, salt and black pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Top with the chicken and broccoli
- Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top
- Cover and re-enter dish into oven for an additional 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender
- Remove and let sit 5-10 minutes before serving