Cryptocurrency is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses cryptography to secure its transactions, control the creation of additional units, and verify the transfer of assets. Cryptocurrencies are classified as a subset of digital currencies and are also classified as a subset of alternative currencies and virtual currencies. Cryptocurrency is going viral with record valuations even though there aren’t enough dealers or businesses who accept Cryptocurrencies for payment yet. Visit immediateedge.biz for further information.
Table of Contents
Cryptocurrency wallets store the private keys required to conduct transactions on the Cryptocurrency blockchain. Most people refer to them as “digital wallets”. The most popular cryptocurrency wallets nowadays are Jaxx Blockchain Wallet, Blockchain Wallet, MyEtherWallet.
Security Cryptocurrency wallets
Cryptocurrencies are very safe because the Cryptocurrency Network has never been hacked. Cryptocurrencies are secured by military-grade cryptography. Cryptography secures Cryptocurrencies in three ways:
– Public key Cryptography for address creation, Cryptocurrency transactions, and signing
– Private Key Cryptography for spend, send, n e t w o r k confirmations
– Cryptographic signatures that validate the transactions (authentication) – Automatic backups of wallet data that can be restored if your device or application fails or is lost
Also, the best way to secure your Cryptos is using cold storage like Ledger Nano S which stores all Cryptos offline away from online threats; also it’s immune to viruses Cryptocurrency is mainly stored in Cryptocurrency wallets.
- Desktop wallet – Cryptocurrencies wallets Cryptocurrency will download the whole Blockchain which is now more than 200 GB database file, to use a Cryptocurrency wallet you need to have an Internet connection always on
- Mobile Wallet – Cryptocurrencies wallets Cryptocurrency work only with your Phone number and doesn’t require much space because it uses cloud storage for Cryptos backup
- Web Wallet – Cryptocurrencies wallets Cryptocurrency are not decentralized they are hosted by a web service so there’s less secure
- Hardware Wallet – Cryptocurrencies crypto wallet s Cryptocurrencies takes security to the next level by integrating security into Cryptocurrencies hardware and allowing Cryptocurrency transactions to be confirmed via Cryptocurrencies own display
- Paper Wallet – Cryptocurrencies wallets Cryptocurrency are not safe unless it’s printed on a Cryptocurrencies paper with secure Cryptography
Cryptos are secured by military-grade cryptography. You can use your crypto wallet on Desktop or Mobile devices. Don’t store all of your cryptos in web wallets, always try to go for Hardware Wallets like Ledger Nano S . Always remember if nobody is sending money to your wallet then it means you won’t receive any until you send first! Only keep a small number of cryptos for daily transactions, keep the rest in cold storage/offline away from online threats. Cryptos are not a Ponzi scheme or a scam, Cryptocurrencies transactions are authorized and authenticated by the Cryptocurrency community, not a single authority. Further readings: Crypto Wallets Safety, Cryptocurrency wallets safety.
Keeping Cryptocurrencies safe is something that everyone in this space should be thinking about. The cryptocurrency was created to make people’s life easier, but many still think that Cryptocurrency is only used by hackers and criminals; because how else would you explain the price oscillations? Keeping Cryptocurrencies safe is not done by keeping them in exchanges. But what are the best ways of storing your Cryptos?
The first thing you have to do when searching for a Cryptocurrency wallet is to find out if it supports the Cryptocurrency you own or want to get into. The most popular wallets are Exodus, Jaxx, Coinomi Wallet, Blockchain wallet & BRD Wallet (our review on these can be found via the following links) but they do not support all cryptocurrencies, so you have to find out if Cryptocurrency you want to own is supported.
Once you determine that the Cryptocurrency wallet supports Cryptocurrencies, it’s time to start researching the safety of the Cryptocurrency wallets. I recommend using two or three Cryptocurrency wallets (which support your Cryptocurrencies) for storing cryptocurrencies. This way you can keep some for spending and some as long-term investments. Always remember crypto-wallets are like a treasure box; only use what you need when you need it!
After doing your research via the following links, make sure that the Cryptocurrency wallet does not store your keys (private & public keys)
The Cryptocurrency market this year is almost 10 times bigger than last year, from around $18 billion to a whopping $180 billion. Another astonishing statistic is that the Cryptocurrency market cap has increased well over 2,000% since last year. Despite the recent cryptocurrency-related hacks and scams Cryptocurrencies are making millionaires every day.