High technologies have long become omnipresent in our everyday life. We can order pizza with a single mouse click, use city maps on our smartphones, and even make money transfers without leaving our seat.
Another way we can employ technical advantages to make our lives easier is to start using smart home devices. They will give us better control over our homes and will guarantee that we have more time for more important things, such as talking to our beloved ones or enjoying hobbies.
Table of Contents
What is smart home technology
Here we deal with cutting-edge home devices designed for bringing our homes to a new level of comfort, safety, and energy efficiency. These include four most popular types of smart solutions:
- HVAC appliances. They control your heating and ventilation system in order to maintain the most convenient temperature regime.
- Lighting systems. This technology allows turning lights on and off automatically depending on the presence of people in each room.
- Safety devices. The use of such equipment protects your house from undesired access, flooding, gas leaks, smoke, or fire.
- Energy–saving and energy consumption systems. They control all electric devices and help distribute energy basing on which appliances are used at the moment in order to avoid excessive load on power lines.
Most popular smart home devices
The following gadgets have already won hearts of home owners across the globe due to their high degree of convenience, efficiency, and reliability:
- Thermostats. These small gadgets control the temperature of your heated floors and other heating equipment, including water boilers. Thermostats can be either programmable or non-programmable, with White-Rodgers thermostats being among the most easy-to-use.
- Robotic vacuum cleaners. If keeping your home tidy is something you don’t very much like doing, try an IoT-supported vacuum cleaner. Such home appliances can clean carpets and other types of floors. Some robotic vacuum cleaners can be programmed for specific floor maps which will help remove dust much quicker.
- Air filters. Such devices free indoor air from small particles of dust and are a must-buy if you have kids or live in a polluted environment. Filtering material can be carbon, fiberglass, polyester or synthetic composite while the replacement of used rolls is a cakewalk.
- Smart light bulbs. Having connected these bulbs to WiFi, you can distantly control the duration and intensity of the lighting, change color grade, and even use them as a light-based alarm clock.
Find your best smart home equipment and make your home intuitive and owner-friendly!