Aldi recipes are popular in the world of cooking. We all love access to the best recipes. However, we have come to realize that most people do not always use them. Today, meatballs are one of the most popular meals around. It’s a favorite meal for many food enthusiasts. However, most people believe that cooking meatballs are easy. They think that if you can get good ground meat, you can easily make meatballs.
If you are a fan of Aldi specials, you should know that there is a recipe for everything, even the “easiest of meals.” If you love meatballs, then you probably know how tasty meatballs should feel like. The best meatballs, especially when cooked using a recipe from the Aldi catalog, are tender through the middle. They are not tough in the least bit.
Do you want to improve your meatballs? Perhaps you want the old school with onions and herbs. This is the recipe for you. In this article, we will be walking you through all of the steps involved in cooking the perfect meatballs. We will take you from mixing the ground meat to perfection to shaping the meatballs to juicy perfection.
Why do you need a recipe for meatballs?
By definition, meatballs are not the type of meal you need a recipe to cook. All you need is about a pound of meat, which you need to shape into balls. Eggs to bind the balls together, flavor and some seasoning, you are good to go.
However, there is a reason why the Aldi catalog has a recipe for meatballs. Like all other meals, there is a fine art to cooking this meal that can be the difference between a delicious steaming bowl of meatballs and well, the opposite.
There are different ways of cooking meatballs. However, no matter the kind of meat that you are cooking with, there is a simple formula that can guarantee you a sweet Aldi recipe level meal. With this recipe, you can add condiments, seasoning, and spices to taste.
Our simple straightforward recipe for meatballs
This recipe is similar to the Aldi catalog recipe for meatballs. The first part of cooking meatballs is your ingredients. You need to have the best ingredients to make sure that your meatballs come out great. To cook this meal, you need
- Small onions, diced
- Cooking oil/vegetable oil
- I pound of ground meat. This meat can be chicken, beef, turkey or pork
- 1 cup of salty cheese
- I spoon of tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of splash milk
How to cook meatballs
The first step to cooking meatballs is to get your diced onions cooking in vegetable oil. Once they have softened appropriately, allow them to cool. They will be going into your meatballs. After this is complete, the following steps should be followed.
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat with the previously cooled onions. Mix the resulting mixture with cheese, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, milk, and eggs. If the dough feels very wet, add more cheese. If you love parsley and oregano, you can add it to your mixture.
2. With your hand, make meatballs around the size of a golf ball. Be sure to shape them evenly so that they cook quickly.
3. Add enough oil to cover the meatballs halfway. Afterward, add the meatballs one after the other. Be careful not to put too many in the pan at once. Fry your meatballs in batches if you have to.
4. Nudge the meatballs around the frying pan using a spatula. You have to do this carefully to keep them from burning while ensuring that they cook properly. Except you are an accomplished hand at cooking Adli specials, you may end up with a few crispy meatballs. This step should take about ten minutes.
5. Remove the meatballs and allow them to drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
6. Cook some pasta. You can serve your perfect meatballs with red sauce, cheese, and black pepper. It all depends on your taste.
Cooking tricks from the Aldi catalog
The Aldi catalog can be a good companion for a cook. If you want to cook Aldi standard meatballs, there are a few things that you have to put into consideration.
Watch the ground meat
You can use any type of ground meat that you like. Some people prefer a pork and beef blend while others prefer only beef. Lamb, chicken, veal, buffalo, and turkey can work. It depends on your preference. However, you should know that the fattier the ground meat, the more tender and soft your meatballs will be. This principle works vice versa if you choose to make use of leaner meat.
If you are looking to use turkey, chicken, or lean meat for your ground meat, be sure to oversee your cooking. They do not have fat. As such, they easily overcook and can become tough.
Don’t overwork the meat
Another trick from the catalog of Aldi recipes is to avoid overworking the ground meat. Make sure to mix the ground meat with a binder as well as other seasoning ingredients until they just combine. This way, you avoid overworking the meat.
Cooking meatballs: Roasting vs. Simmering
There are two primary ways of cooking meatballs. You can either choose to roast them or simmer them in hot oil. Roasting may be the best option for you if you plan to serve the meatballs without sauce. It is also advisable if you plan to freeze the meatballs. Roasting can also boost the flavor and seasoning of your meatballs. You can try roasting the meatballs until they get a crispy brown effect.
Simmering can be an excellent choice if you want to serve your meatballs along with the sauce. This gentle simmering makes the meatballs tender. You can also simmer meatballs in your sauce to make it richer.
Cooking meatballs can be an enjoyable experience. Do you know what’s more enjoyable? Cooking meatballs that are actually delicious. Follow the steps above to cook the best meatballs ever. Also, check out the Aldi catalog. It has many more recipes that you can try out!