What is the best and the quickest way to burn fat, lose weight and tone your body? Well, there is not one single technique to do so. The good news is there are several ways to burn fat. However, these routines are not drastic, and demand discipline and dedication for desired results.
Only a combination of strength training, weight training, and cardiovascular exercises can get you to achieve your goal. However, there is a plethora of fat burning exercises to begin the hustle from. If you are still wondering what exercise burns the most calories, then here is a list to explore before you begin your fat burning exercise plan.
Top Eight Exercises That Burn Calories Fast
1. Sprint Workouts: It is one of the best fat burning exercises. Since it is a form of high-intensity interval workout, it is recommended to consult your physician and check your heart health before performing it. Sprints can be applied to various workout regimens like treadmill or track running, cycling, swimming, and elliptical cross trainer. Pick the routine that you love the most and perform it in intervals. This is proven to be the best way to burn more calories.
Make sure to warm up for at least 10 minutes before you start the sprint workout. This helps your body gain more energy and prevents you from hurting yourself or getting an injury. For the first lap, perform the sprint at 60 percent intensity for about 30 seconds and then recover for 3 minutes by slowing down to a comfortable speed.
From the second set, practice sprint to maximum 80 percent intensity for about 1 minute and recover for 2 minutes. It is important to keep moving and avoid stopping. Repeat the regimen 6 to 8 times per workout. Considering the high impact of such a training, it is not necessary to perform it every day. Best fat burning exercise plan suggests sprint workouts be limited to maximum three times a week.
2. Burpees: One of the most effective fat burning exercises is burpees. Fitness gurus and trainers vouch for its efficiency. Yet again, it is a high impact routine with impressive calorie burning quality. It is a combination of plank, pushup, squats, and jumps. Beginning from standing position, you jump into a squat with palms touching the ground. Then you kick your feet behind and move into plank position and then come back to standing position by jumping towards your hands. Among several other fast fat burning exercises, burpees top the charts.
3. Weighted Lunges: Lunges is basically putting your one foot forward to the other with knee bent and flat foot. It can be done with or without dumbbells. When Lunges are performed with weight or dumbbells, it improves balance, strengthens muscles and burns calories faster. Holding dumbbells on both your sides, take a big step forward and bend the knee. Go deeper into the lunge before coming back to normal standing position. Remember to choose the weight of dumbbell that will help you complete the movement without destroying your balance. Perform 3 sets of 15 weighted Lunges for best results.
4. Battle Rope Exercises: If you want an easy and fun way to burn fat, it is battle roping. This workout creates an impact on all your muscles. These ropes are attached to either a wall or a sturdy pole. Differing in size and weight, all you need to do is a wave and slam these ropes. It helps in strengthening abs, arms, shoulders, and legs. Just 10 minutes of vigorous battle rope exercises can do wonders to your body. It is not only a good fat burning exercise but also a powerful stress reliever.
5. Jumping Rope: When wanting to burn more calories, there is no escape from high impact exercises. Jumping rope is another brilliant calorie burner. It is high in intensity, but it is among the few easy fat burning workouts. All you need is a jumping rope, to begin with. High speed jumping for shorter periods lead to faster heart rate and burn more calories. Perform it in intervals, like any other sprint training for the more effective result.
6. Med Ball Exercises: If you are not too fond of machines, then Med Ball is your best option. These are weighted balls that are used for a variety of exercises to lose fat. There are several Med Ball moves to blast calories. However, Med Ball Lunges Twists is one of the most effective exercises to burn fat. Holding a med ball in front of your chest, move into a lunge with right leg. Get deep into the lunge and then with extended arms move your torso to the left. Return to the center and repeat it with the left leg. Perform three sets of 10-15 med ball lunges each.
7. Jump Squats: Jump squats are not only good for burning fat, but it also helps build muscles and strengthen joints and lower body. It is a high impact workout routine and one of the best fat burning exercises. This routine should be performed correctly in order to avoid any severe injury. In the beginning, do it under the supervision of a trainer.
Beginning at the normal standing position, lower your body in squat position and take a jump as high as you can. Land safely in a squat position with bent knees in order to absorb the impact. You can intensify it by performing squats at a faster speed. 3 sets of 10-15 jumps are quite effective for your fat burning exercise plan.
8. Mountain Climber: Mountain Climbers are a great exercise that can get your heart rate faster to burn an impressive number of calories. It is a holistic routine that engages the entire body and muscles. It is a combination of muscle training and cardio that works on strengthening the core. Beginning at plank position, pull your right knee in your chest and then swiftly change it to the left knee. Continue to switch knees and don’t forget to concentrate on your breathing. Perform 3 sets of 25 Mountain Climbers for visible results.
Apart from the above fat burning exercises, brisk walking, cycling, swimming, rowing, crunches, pushups, planks, stair climbers are some of the other routines to practice for weight loss. However, no exercise is complete without a nutritious diet. Make sure you avoid junk and stay hydrated to make your efforts lead to positive results.