One common misconception about working out is that it's only for losing weight. However, working out is both for losing weight and keeping yourself fit. Even the American Journal of Preventive Medicine confirms that fact by indicating that a weekly 150-minute workout comprised of vigorous activities can add 2.4 years to a person's life. So what's your reason behind remaining a couch potato and resisting that daily 20-minute jog? That is why we have rounded up for you the key ways to keep healthy and burn more fat:
Switch Up Your Diet
You can workout in the gym all you want while executing the best fat burner exercises, but if you're eating twice the calories you burn, then your monthly gym membership is all for nothing. The key to burning fat effectively is to always eat less than what you burn. So if your daily calorie burning amount is 2000 kcal, then your daily calorie intake should be at least 1500 kcal to make sure you burn at least a little every day.
Here are a few steps that you can consider to make sure you're following a healthy diet:
- Avoid fast food meals - that means you now have to say goodbye to your favorite quarter pounder cheeseburger because all that's going to do to your body is spike up your cholesterol.
- All water, no artificial drinks - what's a drink that has zero calories and yet super healthy for your body? Water. All beverages that promote "zero sugar" on their label aren’t necessarily the best choice when it comes to quenching your thirst. Only water can hydrate your body fully without packing on a hidden sugar content.
- Control your portions - if you're on a strict diet, it's still okay to consume red meat because the key to a healthy and balanced diet is a well-proportioned meal with all the proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins that you need—just be sure that that steak isn’t the size of your plate.
If you're a busy person working a 9-5 job with so many other responsibilities in life that you think squeezing in a weekly 150-minute workout is not possible for you—well, you'd be delighted to know that we have found a solution.
No matter how busy you are, you will always have an extra 15 minutes to spare and you can use that time to do a productive activity such as stretching, jogging, or a quick cardio to keep your heart pumping. Not only will it contribute greatly to your health by improving blood circulation, these best fat burner activities are able to be done nearly anywhere and in a short amount of time.
Here are other daily exercises that you can do whenever and wherever:
- After you wake up, spend the first few minutes executing some stretches to warm up your muscles and help lessen the occurrence of serious injuries
- On your way to work, walk a few blocks before you ride the taxi or bus to make sure you'll get your body warmed up for the day
- Ditch the elevator and take the stairs instead to strengthen your leg muscles
There is not a single reason why you should not work out or eat healthy because a simple change in your physical routine and diet can improve not only your physical health but your emotional and mental health as well. By incorporating exercise and healthy diet in your daily activities, you are on your way to a better life.
Patrick is a fitness trainer and weight loss specialist who's dedicated to helping people reach their weight loss goals in life. He writes for whatfatburner.com and encourages people to know that they can be the best they can be no matter what age they are. In his spare time, he likes to run and work out and considers exercise as the best fat burner.