My sister sent me a recipe of a Taco Bake. She originally found it from the country cook. I was told this is one of the most delicious Mexican dinners to try and the easiest. She sent me pictures and the ingredients/directions on how to make this. She was telling the truth with how wonderful this dish is. I can not tell you how many tortillas/seasoning packets I have, so it is nice to put all of these ingredients to use! This recipe will leave you stuffed yet wanting more!
Heat the ground beef over medium temperature
Brown ground beef and add seasoning packet (with water)
Pour in salsa con queso
Mix all ingredients thoroughly together
Grease an 8 inch pan
Line dish with an 8 inch tortilla
Add 1/3 meat mixture on top of tortilla
Top with 1/3 shredded cheese
Keep layering with tortilla, meat and cheese
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes
What You Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (water as called for on back of seasoning packet)
- 3 large flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 1/2 cup Salsa Con Queso
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
How To Make:
- Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
- Add in taco seasoning and water (following directions on back of seasoning packet)
- Once the taco meat is ready, turn off heat and add in 1/2 cup salsa con queso.
- Give it a good stir, until thoroughly combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with a flour tortilla.
- Now add about 1/3 of the ground beef taco filling on the the first layer.
- Then add 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Continue until you are done with all the layers: another tortilla, more taco mixture, more cheese.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Until cheese is melted and edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!